Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which?

I'm not sure if I want a no brainer shooter, or something else. But certainly something easy to get into which is highly addictive.

·
Registered
509 Posts
the fact that your trying to compare fallout to any of those games just goes to show how little you know about quality in video games

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cypher\his
View Post

the fact that your trying to compare fallout to any of those games just goes to show how little you know about quality in video games

I agree, there all great games and are virtually in all different genres.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well Fallout 3 is a very different game from all of those. I loved Bioshock, really good game. Fallout 3 was fun, but I kind of lost interest in the game, it's like an RPG/Shooter. Haven't played the other games myself.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
I couldn't play any of those games for longer than a day, except maybe Bioshock.

I would probably get the Oblivion + Bioshock deal for $30, VATS ruins Fallout 3 for me.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCWIZMTL
View Post

Fallout 3... very immersive and alot of stuff to do... I really enjoy this game

Yeah, I'm glad you said that, it looks very appealing and interesting.

Quote:

View Post

Did you forget to put on your reading glasses? I said I wasn't sure what type of game I'm looking for but that I wanted something addictive. If you've got nothing useful to say, clear off.

·
Registered
394 Posts
F.E.A.R & Bioshock are quite easy, even on high difficulties. Fallout 3 is good as you can play it as u want to, and MW 2 is alright in missions and exellent online.

·
Looking Ahead
13,043 Posts
Quote:

View Post

That's why he's asking for help here

On topic: Fallout 3 has the best storyline IMHO, but Bioshock is also really good. I think you should try them both. I personally didn't play MW2 (yet) since I don't like that type of hardcore shooter games, but I heard good things about it especially the multiplayer.

I hope this helped

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roman5
View Post

Did you forget to put on your reading glasses? I said I wasn't sure what type of game I'm looking for but that I wanted something addictive. If you've got nothing useful to say, clear off.

mate all he's saying is that you are trying to compare games of different genres which is hard for us because we can't read your friken mind we can't know which genre you like better it is a personal preference.

On another note.... I'm going to buy Modern Warfare 2 for its online multi player and if it was a good as COD4 (Modern Warfare) I will be throughly happy

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I tried playing fallout 3 and it was buggy as hell, was getting into it and suddenly the FPS dropped to 2 and my savegames dissapeared, tried restarting and changing drivers to no avail, what a waste.

I say go for MW2, i find it very enjoyable even with a little lag(not a problem if you live in the US/Europe).

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
MW2 and FEAR are straight shooter games.

Bioshock is a shooter with a couple of RPG elements

Fallout 3 is about 50/50 RPG and shooter. That means RPG is a big part of it.

Hard to compare.
EDIT: Oh yeah, and Fallout 3 is buggy. It's fairly stable since the last patch, but it's still got some quirks.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If you get Fallout 3, make sure you get the GOTY edition. You get all the DLC with it that way. That, or go and find the DLC packs all in one bundle. The game itself will give you weeks of things to do. The DLC adds about 2-5 extra days worth of content, a butt load of new items, and lest we not forget that you can go on a mod site for FO3 and download a universe of things for the game. Bioshock is a great game. MW2, if you're not in it for the multiplayer, was short and unsatisfying at best. FEAR 2 was also a good game. You've got your plate full. Good luck deciding.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cypher\his View Post
wow thanks alot, did it ever occur to you that people have different tastes in games that might not reflect your own?

PS: KMA

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 View Post
That's why he's asking for help here

Exactly, lol
I don't know why some people here feel the need to rub others up the wrong way on a help forum for asking a simple question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 View Post

On topic: Fallout 3 has the best storyline IMHO, but Bioshock is also really good. I think you should try them both. I personally didn't play MW2 (yet) since I don't like that type of hardcore shooter games, but I heard good things about it especially the multiplayer.

I hope this helped
I think I'll have to play them all, heh.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-roca View Post
we can't read your friken mind
No need for hostility mate.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zorpnic View Post
If you get Fallout 3, make sure you get the GOTY edition. You get all the DLC with it that way. That, or go and find the DLC packs all in one bundle. The game itself will give you weeks of things to do. The DLC adds about 2-5 extra days worth of content, a butt load of new items, and lest we not forget that you can go on a mod site for FO3 and download a universe of things for the game. Bioshock is a great game. MW2, if you're not in it for the multiplayer, was short and unsatisfying at best. FEAR 2 was also a good game. You've got your plate full. Good luck deciding.
Thanks for the help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
+1 for mw2. all i played is multiplayer which had no problems at all. then i gave the single player a try. and WoW. its really good. like its epic ****

1 - 20 of 46 Posts