Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need a fan controller for my cm690, i have A LOT of fans (8 120's) but i want to have 4 knobs control the 8 fans, one knob for the 4 of the fans, 1 knob for two fans and one knob for the other two fans. is there a way to do this? or what other viable solutions could i use? i could also go lcd but i dont want a huge controller. lemme kno

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Why not use a "Y" 3-pin cable, and connect 2 fans to each Controller Input. Works like a charm!

Any decent Fan Controller can handle that.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newpc
View Post

he would have to use those if he wants to plug 4 fans in 1 channel lol.

*EDIT* Oops... My lyxdexia kicked in there

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
You could also splice the cables into just one connector. Just make sure that the fan controller is capable of running that many fans on one channel.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as far as the y connector is it safe to daisey chain like that. for example connecting the 4 fans to one plug. so id be using 3 y adapters, and how will i know if the controller can handle that? a certain power amount?
LL

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=*HERO*=-
View Post

as far as the y connector is it safe to daisey chain like that. for example connecting the 4 fans to one plug. so id be using 3 y adapters, and how will i know if the controller can handle that? a certain power amount?

Should be fine. I run 3 Ultra Kaze 120mm's on 1 channel. Don't see why it wouldn't work.

·
Data Scientist
383 Posts
Be wary of the FC-2. It puts out a ton of power, but it's not compatible with all fans, in that it makes a lot of fans squeal when turned down due to PWM issues. I had one running 12 Scythe S-Flex fans, and they squealed every time I lowered them, pretty much leaving me with an "all on" or "all off" configuration.

Other users have reported similar problems; this was apparently fixed in a revision of the controller, but there's not telling which one you'll get from an e-distributor. I (and a few others as well) replaced mine with a Sunbean Rheobus Extreme, and haven't had any issues since.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just ordered the Lamptron FC4 (21 bucks, frozencpu), for my 6 120mm and 1 200mm fans, the specifications says 20w per channel so I hope this would be good enough, I'll report in a few days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts