Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in using a fan controller for my external setup to control 6 fans, but the problem is the ones I'm interested in like the Lamptron FC-5 and Zalman ZM-MFC3 only control up to 4. Can I use a Y-splitter or will it negatively affect the voltages reaching each fan (ie. cutting it in-half)?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that I think of it the Lamptron FC-5 outputs 30W per channel at 12V. Meaning it will supply a generous 2.5A; should be plenty to control 6 fans at 2 fans per channel? Specifically the Gentle Typhoons 1850RPM.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Hey ya,

After reading some reviews it would appear that the Lamptron FC-5 would be the better choice.

Using a splitter will be fine by the looks of it, it'll just draw more current. But to be honest the fans will only use about 0.5 watt (so I heard, might be amps. Meh) anyway so you should be good to go.

Obviously when changing the fan speeds on that particular channel it will change both speeds but considering what you are doing with it, it should be groovy.

Comps

·
Happy Dad
346 Posts
Interesting... I got a 6 speed fan controller and was worried about all of the fans... thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.