Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just a few quick questions on water cooling. I'm sorry if there's another post on these, but I can't check because search is disabled for maintenance.

1. Which direction is best for the fans to point? Should they be pushing air onto the radiator, or pulling air off of the radiator?

2. I've seen people mount Black Ice radiators onto the back of their cases, parallel to the back panel, and mounted on the spot where the internal (typically 120mm) fans are mounted. It was like mounted like this:

[rad]>[fans]>[something on one of the fans that looked like the fan, but was just a frame]>[back panel]

Well, for the life of me, I can't seem to find any of the examples I saw, so I ask: how is that done?

Thanks very much to any answerers,
~S

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
1. If space is an issue, you want them to be pulling air through the radiator.
2. That frame would be the swiftech radbox and it is used to mount a radiator to the back of the computer without interferering with the connectors.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
1. If space is an issue, you want them to be pulling air through the radiator.
2. That frame would be the swiftech radbox and it is used to mount a radiator to the back of the computer without interferering with the connectors.

With that setup, could I have the radiator facing the opposite way? I say that because the grommets are not located on my case like in the picture, so I'd have to have the tubes come around and into the radiator.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
you can orient the radiator fans however you want.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
I mounted the 120mm fan to the radiator that would normally go on the back of the case, then mounted the fan to the case on the out side... So the rad sits parrellel on the back of my case....

The only pics i could find... for now

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you mount it to the back?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts