Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came here looking for help because I've tried everywhere else and haven't got anything of any use. I just recently built a new computer and not having measured everything properly I made a mistake.

My GPU is much longer then I anticipated, and I've had to remove my middle radiator fan in order to get it to fit in my case. Does anyone have any ideas for an RGB fan that's low profile that I can put there to kind of blend in with the other ones or does anyone have any ideas of a way to mount the GPU differently?

I was thinking about mounting the GPU vertically where the radiator currently is, then moving the radiator to the bottom and then adding another radiator to the top so I can watercool the eventual 3080/TI when I finally get one.

Initially I thought that the case I got was perfect because it looked like a 011 but doesn't have the black borders all the way around the glass which is exactly what I wanted but it's slightly smaller than the 011 and as a result instead of being able to mount 3 fans on top, bottom and on the radiator, I've only been able fit 2. Luckily I have 3 fans pushing on the otherside as well.

Case: Inter-tech C701 Panorama
GPU: EVGA FTW3 RTX 3070

LOL can't belive I forgot to paste the link to Pic my bad

·
Graphics Junkie
3,263 Posts
Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah, a pic would help, in all circumstances, if you water-cool the GPU it should be far shorter(usually the PCB doesn't extend to the entire cooler of the card).

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
Why not just move the fans behind the rad? Isn't that one of the big features of the O11?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have 3 noctua behind the rad, plus the 3 on the front here are also supposed to be for asthetics

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you really dont care about push pull and you need to make it symetrical and lightshow, remove those 2 fans and buy 3 phanteks halos and put them there for the show.

• Rep+
Reactions: ciarlatano

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
If you really dont care about push pull and you need to make it symetrical and lightshow, remove those 2 fans and buy 3 phanteks halos and put them there for the show.
Or just lights of some kind. I'm really lost with the whole "lights on fans" thing. If you want lighting, buy good lighting. If you want to move air, buy good fans. I feel like some people say things like "I'm hot, I'd better turn on a light".

And there is absolutely no need for push/pull on that rad. It does absolutely nothing as shown in xtremerigs tests (based on the GTS results, which is the core the L Series is based off of) - Radiator Review Round Up 2016 - Page 5 of 10 - ExtremeRigs.net

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
And there is absolutely no need for push/pull on that rad. It does absolutely nothing as shown in xtremerigs tests (based on the GTS results, which is the core the L Series is based off of) - Radiator Review Round Up 2016 - Page 5 of 10 - ExtremeRigs.net
As ALWAYS going push/pull does offer better cooling, the question as always does the added noise from the fans justify it and the answer is almost always no. The amount gained is minuscule

I still went push/pull on mine just for that little gain but I’m also mental so I wouldn’t recommend doing as I do.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
As ALWAYS going push/pull does offer better cooling, the question as always does the added noise from the fans justify it and the answer is almost always no. The amount gained is minuscule

I still went push/pull on mine just for that little gain but I’m also mental so I wouldn’t recommend doing as I do.
Yes, if you want to be really technical it does offer better performance....but on that rad the performance gain is absolutely miniscule, as you say. So much so that it would likely not even be measurable in terms of component temps. 291 vs 306 watts dissipated at 1300 rpm on a GTS, and the difference on the L may be slightly less. You will clearly hear three more fans at 1300 rpm, but it's highly doubtful you would even see a half a degree temp drop on components.

And we're all a bit mental. We wouldn't be here if we weren't. :LOL:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts