Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I got a question. When i clicking recording button in replays in SUPERSONIC SLED , my fan of graphic card is just quietly and gently, than normal. Why? But when i dont recording , and test is normal playing , fan is loud.
And while recording framerate is very slow.

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
ughhh, that doesnt make much sense atall

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean that, when i click record button ( in replay options ) on right down corner , framerate is 50% slower and fan of graphic card is just very quiet than normal.

·
The Newt in Overclock.net
3,000 Posts
sounds like it's automatically capping it to reduce stress on the computer so it can get an accurate recording... maybe. I'm just spitballing.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
yes i noticed this with the new nividia drivers when using fraps to record game play. the fans stop and the temps drop. maybe cause it has to do with the encoding of the video being done on the CPU and not GPU. So the stress level on the GPU cuts down.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Download MSI afterburner and turn off auto fan control, and set it to something comfortable like 60%. Your fan won't fluctuate with the heat or fps anymore. This is a modern bug in supersonic sled with 200 series drivers

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IS any risk to damage card, with that recording in this application? When fan turning down while recording movie to HDD?

For me this test is very freaky. I mean sometimes when camera is moving and rotate , textures is just cutting to half, and this looks like artifacts. For example when camera is moving through hill or rocks. You see a little pieces of textures. You know what i mean? And do you saw this too?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts