Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently picked up a cool master storm sniper case, to build a new rig because UPS destroyed my last one. I like to keep my rigs cool so I like to orient my fans for maximum airflow and lowest temps.

This is my current setup with fans along with another one of those fans on the side panel

Originally this fan blew inward (case is nicely filtered if this was an intake) but I was guessing there could be an issue with interference with the stock CPU cooler.
Im wondering if I should keep this side fan blowing out or switch it back to blowing in or leave it. Also should I switch the back exhaust fan to blow in (the white arrow) instead of out (red arrow).

Im open to suggestions, my processor is being shipped so its not installed but it is a stock cooler and I was most likely going to overclock a bit. My main concern is keeping over temps down but esp around HDDs because I can usually get em to last awhile.

·
Aussie Overclocker
2,791 Posts
Great case you got there. The only way to know for sure what works best for your system is to try different orientations and see which gives the best temps.

This works best for me...

You might want to invest in a decent heatsink if you want good temps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts