Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a really stupid question but I have a old P2 Slot 1 type and i was going to put a fan in the case behind the proccessor.....show the fan be blowing in air or taking out hot air? My new computer which is a E Machines....has the air blowing in ward...if it is blowing out its a really weak fan

·
Registered
604 Posts
With an old computer like that I run them sucking air into the case. Those processors don't heat up as much as the newer ones so the PSU can usually handle sucking out what heat there is. Try running it both ways though and see which you like best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But would this effect ur choice.....my procceror doesnt have a fan.....since its a slot 1 my P2 just has a monster heat sink on it

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
well u will have to experiment and see what way moves the most amount of air over the heatsink.... one intake and one exhause is best, so the air flows in and gets pulled out, but maybe you could also cut a hole in the case so u can fix a fan blowing toward the cpu, or even fix one inside the case blowing on the cpu heatsink.... think it out as best you can as to what will move the most cold air over the heatsink

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only fan i have for now is right behind the CPU on the case blowing air in becuase the P2 doesnt produce enough heat to pull it out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.