Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately 2 of my Delta AFB1212SHE-F00 just went dead yesterday night, the good news is, I'll be able to get new fans!
I was looking at these, are they any good? I'll be using one for Xigmatek S1283 and the other for case exhaust. Any suggestions or recommendations are welcomed.

P.S: Two Conditions: Must be available in NCIX.com, 38mm in size

Edit: Another question, I'll be using these to extend the length of the cable, but the female molex connector from my fan controller only has the power and the gnd cord, is that ok?

Edit2: What kind of fan extension will work with the fan above and this fan controller?

Update:

Just got these fans installed today, had to put a fan grill on to prevent accidents.
They seem to undervolt extremely well in my opinion. Under 7V they wouldn't tick at all and it seems to push a fair amount of air with bearable noises. At max they're screaming, and the airflow is insane. On the other hand, I haven't had experience with many fans, so count this in when you consider my opinion. If there's any other info you would like to know from me, feel free to ask.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Wow, given the fan that just died, I can't argue with going with the one you linked to. They're real monsters, and that one's PWM, so it should be OK.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Yeah, that'll be good, then. Just make sure the controller can handle it.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum
View Post

It delivers up to 20W per channel, and these ones suck 19.6W; a close one, but should be fine I suppose. Thanks and +Rep.

Yeah that thing is a beast, let us know what you think of the sound of it and how well it undervolts.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
That kind of cable won't work, you'll have to use this.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum
View Post

It delivers up to 20W per channel, and these ones suck 19.6W; a close one, but should be fine I suppose. Thanks and +Rep.

sorry to hijack, but i was just wondering if an AFB1212SHE would run off a motherboard connector. i badly need it to do so.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
No. It's very dangerous to even try.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
okay then.
time to look for other options ><

does this mean that even the less powerful Nidec TA450DC B35502-35 @ 1.4A is dangerous as well? ><

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Right. You'll burn the header out doing that. Maximum I'd recommend is about 0.4 amps.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvo
View Post

okay then.
time to look for other options ><

does this mean that even the less powerful Nidec TA450DC B35502-35 @ 1.4A is dangerous as well? ><

I personally wouldn't put anything over .5A on a mobo header.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
okay..
i somehow went ahead and placed a 0.7A Delta off my mobo connector the other day, it ran fine.
so i'm just wondering if i could run 5 fans all off my new motherboard headers (5 headers, 5 fans) so i could save the cost of buying a fan controller, or the trouble of finding and repairing used ones, or making one myself. LOL.

i managed to cut quite a bit of cost from my new system by salvaging those powerful Delta and Nidec fans from old Dells, then cleaning and re-oiling them.. saved me a reasonable amount of cash.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Don't put more than one of those fans on the motherboard headers. I guarantee you'll damage it in some way if you do.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
gosh, i was planning to have 2.

Nidec TA450DC B35502-35 as exhaust
Delta AFB1212SHE as CPU Cooler (MegaShadow Push)
Panaflo (Blue Label, 0.35A) as front intake
2x AVC F1225B12V 0.37A as side intakes

5 fans on the headers.
looks impossible now ><

1 - 20 of 20 Posts