Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k i got my 9800gtx+ overclocked nd needed to speedup the fan.. done everything with evga but everytime i hit apply the speedfan goes back to 35%

driver= 196.21

and i keep getting blue screens of death whenever i play BC2

i want the fan to run a bitfaster

btw the same thing happened with rivatuner

anyidea why?? please help

EDIT: the overclockin went smooth but the speedfan is stuck @ 35% and my gpu is flashed with the latest bio so is my motherboard

i also done the driver sweeper method and installed the latest forceware from scratch didnt help

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
make profiles and shortcuts to control the fan speed, you can use EVGA Precision or MSI AfterBurner.. if you still have a problem and fan speed keeps dropping then uninstall the tool you're using and reinstall it.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Do you have anything else installed like NVIDIA System Tools, or that software that comes with NVIDIA nForce boards like the nForce 600 or nForce 700 series? I think it's called "nTune".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope nothing .. i have a msi motherboard nd a gygabite card and yes tried that stupid dual core center + msi afterburner and got nothing i just moveup the slider then i click apply nd it goes down to 35%

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qoqo2010
View Post

nope nothing .. i have a msi motherboard nd a gygabite card and yes tried that stupid dual core center + msi afterburner and got nothing i just moveup the slider then i click apply nd it goes down to 35%

How many programs do you have installed that are capable of controlling this fan speed?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
I'm not coming up with any ideas, so here's a free bump.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qoqo2010 View Post
well thank u sir lol

just downclocked it for now maybe a future forceware will fix this
You're welcome!

Were you able to control the fan with previous drivers? I mean, if so, then just go back to one of them. There's nothing wrong in using an older driver when it means that it's the best one for your system.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qoqo2010
View Post

nope i tried it didnt

How many of the older drivers have you tried?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts