1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMahiMahi
View Post

An excellent review Martin! Did you open up your lab.

Thanks!

Not really, just tinkering a little. I enjoy the testing, I just sort of prefer keeping it low key...little here and there. I also prefer doing freelance better (member sponsored sort of stuff). The website was too much work..I'd rather not bother with it again. I guess mainly I just wanted to play with my new camera..

I'm a gadget freak I know..

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Could you do a quick CFM/dBA ratio chart (sort of like Vapor does)? The noise vs radiator CFM chart might confuse some people.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

Could you do a quick CFM/dBA ratio chart (sort of like Vapor does)? The noise vs radiator CFM chart might confuse some people.

I'll look into it..

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Nice work as always Martin. +rep

Just to be sure, from left to right on the videos is it; anemometer showing CFM, Mastech showing Dba, Droid showing Db, multimeter showing volts and RPM on the Kaze fan controller (where available).

Cheers for the results!

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerJohn View Post
Nice work as always Martin. +rep

Just to be sure, from left to right on the videos is it; anemometer showing CFM, Mastech showing Dba, Droid showing Db, multimeter showing volts and RPM on the Kaze fan controller (where available).

Cheers for the results!
Thanks!

That's the right order
, although now that I'm learning more about sound, I believe the Mastech may be unweighted dB similar to the Droid. It seems to be a little overly sensitive to lower frequency which may be why I'm perceiving some sounds differently than what the meters are reading.

I'll have to save up and buy a better sound meter, I just can't seem to find anything that reads low enough. All the ones I see seem to bottom out at 30dbA at best..

For now, listen closely and let you're ears be the dB meter..

·
Registered
502 Posts
...and all of the people struggling to find AP-15's wept.

I like how you included the weights this time, I knew the AP-15's were genuinely better built fans. Will a fan ever beat the AP-15 in performance/noise ratio!?!?

+rep

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucretius View Post
Will a fan ever beat the AP-15 in performance/noise ratio!?!?
My undervolted San Ace just may...
but it's a different thickness, so it might not count.

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Didn't think so.

·
Village Idiot
2,428 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
My undervolted San Ace just may...
but it's a different thickness, so it might not count.

Martin had a post over at XS about Denki vs GT. The GTs were subjectively superior. Not surprising, since 38mm fans typically make bothersome noises when undervolted.

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pewpewlazer View Post
Martin had a post over at XS about Denki vs GT. The GTs were subjectively superior. Not surprising, since 38mm fans typically make bothersome noises when undervolted.
That was the 109R, Martin hasn't tested the 9G yet.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
That was the 109R, Martin hasn't tested the 9G yet.

Where do you even get those?

Maybe I'll have to round one of for the next time I decide to try this..

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
Where do you even get those?

Maybe I'll have to round one of for the next time I decide to try this..

Chilled PC UK is where I got mine, which was incidentally from the very first batch they had (they get orders of 40 at a time, or at least they used to; I don't know about now). More recently, PerformancePCs has been stocking them, too. If you un-hide Air Cooling tips in my sig, you'll find a link to my review of it.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Thanks Martin, That gives them a real good idea of what to expect...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts