Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi sabertooth owners

i own a ASUS AMD SABERTOOTH 990FX REV 1.0, a close friend of mine has a another brand motherboard for That other processor, He tried to up date his Bios the way the MB say to load it.
it load the bios correctly and when the board rebooted it kept posting over and over. He was pissed I told him to get a asus sabertooth for his processor (not a AMD). i told him i love my board. He told me that its a amd board, i told him the sabertooth has been on theAMD SIDEa little while its been on the other guys processor for years. AM I RIGHT ?? THE SABERTOOTH CAME OUT ON THE AMD A LITTLE while back.... its been on ythe Intel side for a while .
Am i right in recommending this too him??

·
Premium Member
4,987 Posts
Does he have a Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, or something earlier? I am not big on ASUS's Z77 boards except for their ROG line. Me and a few people I know have had major issues with their P8Z77 line and I have had a few other friends have trouble with their Z77 Sabertooth. What board does he currently have? It is probably fixable so buying a new board instead of fixing the problem is NOT a good recommendation.

Give us more info please.

·
Premium Member
4,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastguytom View Post

msi z68-g43 is the one that died on him
Okay, the msi z68-g43 is garbage if he wants to overclock his chip, but he would have to have an i5-2500K, is that what he has?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts