Overclock.net banner

Fans for a Megahalem Push/Pull System?

996 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Shadowclock
Looking for some fans with decent/long wire length for my Megahalem Push/Pull system. Thanks!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I'm using a couple scythe slipstreams 110CFM and they work pretty good. Wire length isn't bad either.
I'm using the slipstream 40cfm / 800 rpm ones, push/pull, and still get great temps
See less See more
For push/pull, I go for Scythe S-Flex F or G, Noiseblockers, Gentle Typhoons, or Yate Loons.
Scythe Ultra Kaze 300 with a fan control.
I don't suppose there are some good quality fans with blue or red LED's out there?
ULTRA KAZES with KazeQ controller

@poster above:
Coolermaster R4's are rated @90CFM, I have 6 of them in my Cosmos S and they are VERY good

I'm pretty sure they come in Red/Blue/Green
See less See more
the ultra kaze seems like an overkill and a bit thick :S I am liking the Scythe S-Flex G though
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by rastablast
View Post

@poster above:
Coolermaster R4's are rated @90CFM, I have 6 of them in my Cosmos S and they are VERY good

I'm pretty sure they come in Red/Blue/Green

Yes they do come in red, green and blue, and standard non-led black. Those are not good fans for a CPU cooler though. I have 6 of them as well that were in my HAF932. They make reat case afns thoguh. Also the Ultra Kaze 3000 is not a good fan because it undervotls terribly. I had 2 of those on my TRUE120 and one of them makes the ever so common whining noise when I drop the RPM's. Its well known that those are not the greatest 120x38mm fans, but for the price they arent horrible.

I would recommend some 120 x 38mm Panaflo's and add a fan controller to them. I am got rid of my Ultra Kaze 3k and the Panaflo's have been much better. Also, you can egt some 3-pin extensions for your fans for like 99 cents, or 2 bucks if you want them sleeved at just about any PC shop.
See less See more
San Ace H1011's, Scythes have nothing against the San Aces.
Quote:

Originally Posted by firestormcomputers
View Post

Forgot about this one. Another great fan though.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
For push/pull, I go for Scythe S-Flex F or G, Noiseblockers, Gentle Typhoons, or Yate Loons.
THIS

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacegoast View Post
Yes they do come in red, green and blue, and standard non-led black. Those are not good fans for a CPU cooler though. I have 6 of them as well that were in my HAF932. They make reat case afns thoguh. Also the Ultra Kaze 3000 is not a good fan because it undervotls terribly. I had 2 of those on my TRUE120 and one of them makes the ever so common whining noise when I drop the RPM's. Its well known that those are not the greatest 120x38mm fans, but for the price they arent horrible.

I would recommend some 120 x 38mm Panaflo's and add a fan controller to them. I am got rid of my Ultra Kaze 3k and the Panaflo's have been much better. Also, you can egt some 3-pin extensions for your fans for like 99 cents, or 2 bucks if you want them sleeved at just about any PC shop.
THIS

Quote:

Originally Posted by firestormcomputers View Post
and THIS...

Oh yea and also, my guide (1st link in sig)
See less See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.