Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked this up
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=3891

and i read somewhere that with these kinda rads its better to have high pressure or higher static pressure, something along those lines.

im lost as is and could use some assistance on what fans to get by the water cooling experts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post
San aces, deltas, or 1850 RPM Gentle Typhoons.

It really depends on how loud you want your rig to be.
even though i wear headphones, it would be nice to have it a little bit more quiet but can still handle some noise.

ill try and explain this as best as i can, on a scale from 1-10 on noise level, i fall on 4 and 6. i want quietness, but i can tolerate the little extra noise for performance increase.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
ultra kazes. they are cheap and awesome. make sure you have a fan controller though. run them at 1500 rpm when not gaming. 3k when gaming

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlitos714 View Post
ultra kazes. they are cheap and awesome. make sure you have a fan controller though. run them at 1500 rpm when not gaming. 3k when gaming
This is another great option.

@OP

How much do you want to spend per fan? $20? $5?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a question related to this. I bought 4 1450RPM Gentle Typhoons in FS/FT. I was planning to use them with either a MCR-220QP at the bottom of an 800D or a MCR-320QP at the top. Will they be enough (the 320 will be used for a 470 SLI loop and the 220 will be on an i7 930 loop). Problem though: the rad had some paint chipping so I painted it (using BBQ matte black high heat Rustoleum) and it was drying in the garage. Well apparently I didn't move it over far enough because when I pulled in today I ran it over. LOL oops! It's only slightly deformed and I could probably use a c-clamp or some other tool to bend it back to how it started.

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you have a fan controller it's hard to beat San Ace 9G1212H101 or H1011 fans turned down. It'll cost you though.

Quote:
I have a question related to this. I bought 4 1450RPM Gentle Typhoons in FS/FT. I was planning to use them with either a MCR-220QP
That'll be just fine.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlitos714 View Post
3k I've found for ultra kazes is way too loud, plus no noticeable change in temp. 2200-2300 seems to be the sweet spot in terms of noise/cfm, maybe up to 2600. I actually have a BIX 240 coming today and have an extra UK I will be testing against come cooler master fans, which are very quiet but probably don't move a lot of air.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jadawgis732 View Post
I have a question related to this. I bought 4 1450RPM Gentle Typhoons in FS/FT. I was planning to use them with either a MCR-220QP at the bottom of an 800D or a MCR-320QP at the top. Will they be enough (the 320 will be used for a 470 SLI loop and the 220 will be on an i7 930 loop). Problem though: the rad had some paint chipping so I painted it (using BBQ matte black high heat Rustoleum) and it was drying in the garage. Well apparently I didn't move it over far enough because when I pulled in today I ran it over. LOL oops! It's only slightly deformed and I could probably use a c-clamp or some other tool to bend it back to how it started.
if you ran over the radiator, good job

however, if i were you i would test it by running water through it with a higher power pump for any possible leaks/cracks/structural weaknesses.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emerican View Post
just picked this up
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=3891

and i read somewhere that with these kinda rads its better to have high pressure or higher static pressure, something along those lines.

im lost as is and could use some assistance on what fans to get by the water cooling experts

for 10 bucks you can look at yate loons. performance pcs has them in stock as well.

·
Village Idiot
2,394 Posts
If you want quiet, send that radiator back. To get good performance out of a BIX you're going to need some 38mm thick fans. Some Denkis or Panaflos on a fan controller will work alright and be of reasonable volume but if you want quiet fans like low speed Yate Loons you need something like a Swiftech MCR or XSPC RX that's designed to work with low airflow.

·
Registered
551 Posts
is the bix similar to the gtx just the older version? if you wanted low noise why not get the sr-1? I have some high speed yate loons and don't even notice they are on most of the time other then the breeze coming towards me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts