Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the hyper 212+, using stock fan right now. I have two main questions
1) Is there much benefit for adding another fan

2) Are there some fans that are better for heatsinks than others?? looking into push/pull wondering if static pressure is important like radiators or not as much. any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, what are some decent fans in that category? nothing super expensive, just some decent price/performance fans?

·
Baller on a Budget
1,304 Posts
Actually, adding a second fan generally only helps with really dense or thick fin arrays. The 212+ is really thin compared to some heatsinks and isn't terribly dense either. Adding another fan for push-pull would probably only result in a 1-2 degree drop in temps, if any drop at all. Also the fan that comes with the 212+ is actually really good (almost 4 mm/H20 static pressure (the higher the number the better)). I wouldn't worry about getting new fans unless you wanted LED fans or something.

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks for the info, I am looking into Watercooling in the near future, so didnt want to go too high end for heatsink right now. might look into some of the quieter fans if anything.

I will wait and see what I kind of clocks I can get for now, Thanks again! Cheers !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts