Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be the best fan for cpu. that is not LOUD.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gcraw5100
what would be the best fan for cpu. that is not LOUD.
Panaflos are good and not loud. I have a 120 and my comp is pretty much silent. The 80mm one i have is quiet also.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRioT
volcanos come with a standard 80mm fan, and they are pretty loud when set at high.. you are best off using an si-97 paired with a panaflo.
I agree

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo42024
Panaflos are good and not loud. I have a 120 and my comp is pretty much silent. The 80mm one i have is quiet also.
Amen to the Panaflo idea... They push at LOT of air and they're quiet.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRioT
they dont make the sp's anymore do they? werent they the 100% copper ones that weighed 234982379052490804 pounds?
yeah thermalright redesigned them in something called a si-97, works just as well, if not better (IMO) and wieghs like 1/4 the amounf ot hte sp97

·
Registered
357 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******
Amen to the Panaflo idea... They push at LOT of air and they're quiet.
where can i find the panaflo at cuz im planning to get the si 97 also but was going to pair it up with the thermaltake silent cat, it saids it move about 50 cfm and the dba is about 21-28 (i dunno if it true or not)

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bored7one4

where can i find the panaflo at cuz im planning to get the si 97 also but was going to pair it up with the thermaltake silent cat, it saids it move about 50 cfm and the dba is about 21-28 (i dunno if it true or not)

www.heatsinkfactory.com

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bored7one4

www.sidewindercomputers.com also carries them... that's usually where I go to get all of my cooling goodies

·
Registered
194 Posts
Leaving how loud it is behind, does the volcano 12 keep the CPU cooler then any of these?

Edit: Im looking to buy a new CPU cooler and I was just trying to keep my options open, looking for the best, for the price I pay. I dont wanna spend more then 50 $ CAN

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Realm_walker
Leaving how loud it is behind, does the volcano 12 keep the CPU cooler then any of these?

Edit: Im looking to buy a new CPU cooler and I was just trying to keep my options open, looking for the best, for the price I pay. I dont wanna spend more then 50 $ CAN
The Volcano is a good HSF, many members here use it... However it is not better than an XP-90 or XP-120 with a Panaflo on top. If you're looking to spend under $50 CAN then I'd say check out the Volcano.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******

The Volcano is a good HSF, many members here use it... However it is not better than an XP-90 or XP-120 with a Panaflo on top. If you're looking to spend under $50 CAN then I'd say check out the Volcano.

Oki, Awsome. Thanks for the insight

1 - 20 of 20 Posts