Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that my 4 very load Masscool fans are not necessary to run while I am running my computer. Even if I do a stress test I do not get any increase in temp. I am guessing this is because I have a huge 1 Gallon resivoir.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

I have found that my 4 very load Masscool fans are not necessary to run while I am running my computer. Even if I do a stress test I do not get any increase in temp. I am guessing this is because I have a huge 1 Gallon resivoir.

If I were you, I would take the fans out. Watercooling is surely enough to cool your rig.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Fans will make little if any difference to your cpu on water. They might make a difference in everything else not water cooled.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
What you should do is leave them un but wire them to use 5V instead of 12. Why is because they may not make any difference for your cpu, but your chipset, mosfets, and anything else that does not have a water block on it needs cooling also.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I am talking about the fans that cool my heatercore... Not the case fans.

I have 2 intake and 2 exhaust 120mm (96CFM) on my dual heatercore.

Although they are not helping now, I suspect when I OC more (pending a new motherboard) I will need the fans.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by UberN00B

Well, if you dont need them you could always give them to me.

I am probably going to sell my system if I get a good offer...

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
How long did you test load temp for? It might take a while but once all that water heats up temps will be out of control.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The water slowing heats up. It takes about an hour and the temperature start increasing. So if I am just surfing the web/ checking email, or other low power applications, I will turn off the fans. If I am on for a while, or playing a game I will use them.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

The water slowing heats up. It takes about an hour and the temperature start increasing. So if I am just surfing the web/ checking email, or other low power applications, I will turn off the fans. If I am on for a while, or playing a game I will use them.

Is there a chance you could wire them to the CPU fan header and enable thermal control? I wired my cpu fan and all case fans to my header and enabled temperature control in the bios so now all of my fans only spin fast when the cpu gets hot. Be careful you don't overload it though... I wouldn't put more than about 8 watts on it.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ehhh, I have a wooden housing for all my WC parts, the cables on the fans are long enough to reach the mobo directly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts