Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 6874 Posts

· Premium Member
Joined
·
24,651 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeDrO305 View Post
I know, I'm still working on that section.
Thanks !

@ Mootsfox: Jonny didn't just review one GameXstream, and one FSP... He reviewed many, and they ALL had the same ripple issue.
I understand that he has a problem with the ripple issue. I've just never heard of someone having a problem with an FSP or OCZ(the ones made by FSP) PSU. You shouldn't rule out an entire company line of PSUs because one reviewer didn't like it.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
3,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
I understand that he has a problem with the ripple issue. I've just never heard of someone having a problem with an FSP or OCZ(the ones made by FSP) PSU. You shouldn't rule out an entire company line of PSUs because one reviewer didn't like it.
Oh no, I'm not ruling either OCZ or FSP out. Just those series atm. And my list is ever-updating, so I will add new ones from ANY company, as long as they're proven to be reliable under extreme circumstances.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
67,312 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
No TAGAN PSU`s?
 

· Banned
Joined
·
3,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chozart View Post
Why does it have to be on NEwegg? There are other sellers

I said I'll be using Newegg as reference, since it's easier to find stuff on there.
But I am aware that The Egg doesn't carry certain brands, so those I would have to list from other vendors.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
67,312 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeDrO305 View Post
I said I'll be using Newegg as reference, since it's easier to find stuff on there.
But I am aware that The Egg doesn't carry certain brands, so those I would have to list from other vendors.

Just link to the manufactor's webpage... let the buyer find his own source.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
6,922 Posts
Keep it with newegg. Newegg lists all specs and has a guide price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Just link to the manufactor's webpage... let the buyer find his own source.
Just because he links to newegg doesn't mean you have to buy from newegg. Geez - you people are like sheep
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BugBash View Post
No TAGAN PSU`s?
CPU Magazine a had a large article on PSUs last month. The Tagan 1100w model couldn't even keep the rig running without multiple random restarts. Supposedly it was due to protection circuitry sensing problems in the system (I'm personally not buying that excuse).

At this point in time, I wouldn't touch a Tagan.

Myself, in order of preference:

1. PC Power & Cooling
2. Zippy
3. Silverstone
4. OCZ/FSP
5. (for budget builds) Thermaltake
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgnome229 View Post
Keep it with newegg. Newegg lists all specs and has a guide price.

Just because he links to newegg doesn't mean you have to buy from newegg. Geez - you people are like sheep
I disagree... DuckieHo has the right idea. Newegg has a great selection, and their search features are second to none for enthusiast reseller sites, but they don't necessarily carry every brand, nor every model that may be of interest.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
67,312 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgnome229 View Post
Keep it with newegg. Newegg lists all specs and has a guide price.

Just because he links to newegg doesn't mean you have to buy from newegg. Geez - you people are like sheep
Newegg does NOT list all specs. When looking at PSUs, I need to know rail layout and this information is never provided by Newegg.
 

· Banned
Joined
·
3,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLDEER View Post
Glad your sticking to your guns.
Neweggs power supply pricing doesn't seem to be as competitive as their other components to me and their selection is by no means comprehensive.

Good job and rep +1 to ya!
Yeah, I agree with ya. Got my Corsair HX $20 bucks cheaper on ZipZoomFly.


And Thanks !
 
21 - 40 of 6874 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top