Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by RyKnow

so which ones faster, that first one got a good rating

I know that Firefox is very quick and secure, it is not the speed which should be the deciding factor, it should be the security.
 
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well any way ill try both im tired of ie hanging and as far as security goes ive yet to find a broswer , firewall, spybot ,and av that keeps out all the buggies so ill settle for speed and and zap the bugs latter.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by [email protected] / llcopk

well any way ill try both im tired of ie hanging and as far as security goes ive yet to find a broswer , firewall, spybot ,and av that keeps out all the buggies so ill settle for speed and and zap the bugs latter.


Browser: Firefox Free
Firewall: Sygate Personal Firewall Free
Spybot: Spybot Search & Destroy Free
AV: Norton $49.95

So far these apps have kept my system from being infected and I really can't complain about any of them.
 
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

Browser: Firefox Free
Firewall: Sygate Personal Firewall Free
Spybot: Spybot Search & Destroy Free
AV: Norton $49.95

So far these apps have kept my system from being infected and I really can't complain about any of them.

ive used them all but the firewall .but they all do the same stuff it all comes down to how much they bug you. i like install and forget apps that run in the backgroung doing what they do without bugging you.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by [email protected] / llcopk

ive used them all but the firewall .but they all do the same stuff it all comes down to how much they bug you. i like install and forget apps that run in the backgroung doing what they do without bugging you.

Norton is quite excespt for getting a subscription
Spybot does have some new more secure features in it's newest release that help to secure your system, in cludeing blacklisting website, and watching your registry for changes.
Sygate Personal Firewall works great, it does bug you but it keeps an audit file of all attempted and sucessful transaction to and from your computer that helps you spot hackers and spyware in your system.
As for Mozilla it is not tied to your Os, os it is inherently more secure than IE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

Norton is quite excespt for getting a subscription
Spybot does have some new more secure features in it's newest release that help to secure your system, in cludeing blacklisting website, and watching your registry for changes.
Sygate Personal Firewall works great, it does bug you but it keeps an audit file of all attempted and sucessful transaction to and from your computer that helps you spot hackers and spyware in your system.
As for Mozilla it is not tied to your Os, os it is inherently more secure than IE.

i prefer myie2 for browsing. its so much easier than ie and i just found firefox a little bit confusing. but thats my two cents
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top