Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....im in good ranks in folding, but this is really funky. my 4.3 ghz system always only does crappy little WU that are only worth liek 50pionts....but then my moms computer, a 1.8ghz P4 always gets the 240-600 point tinker/gromacs...
...so im so confused, because my faster comps produce less then the crappy ones that i have. all the compuyters have the program installed the same....and ive tryed clearing all previos projescts and preferences, but still got the same WUs. its gettin all the cpu power, but still folds worse...why?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
hey guys....im in good ranks in folding, but this is really funky. my 4.3 ghz system always only does crappy little WU that are only worth liek 50pionts....but then my moms computer, a 1.8ghz P4 always gets the 240-600 point tinker/gromacs...
...so im so confused, because my faster comps produce less then the crappy ones that i have. all the compuyters have the program installed the same....and ive tryed clearing all previos projescts and preferences, but still got the same WUs. its gettin all the cpu power, but still folds worse...why?

Have you set it to get wu>5Mb? you need to.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stability isnt the issue, it passes prime95 with flying colors...

but i guess i can check the >5mb thing...even though it takes up 40,000kb of memory...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh yeah...whats molecular draw rate? and should i change that at all?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
There does seem to be something else involved actually. I remember one of my crappy AMD's (2000+ or something) got a WU that was estimated to take 3 or 4 months to complete.

·
Registered
712 Posts
do you use your computer alot more than your mom? if that's the case then whatever you are doing is probably interrupting the client's processing time. If your mom doesn;t do much then the software has all the time in the world to crunch WU's...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no, actually my mom uses hers more then i do...and i have HT with it running 1 instace not 2...seems to be faster that way.

i thought that too, but shes on all day, and im only later on in the afternoon

·
Banned
789 Posts
Where exactly does it show how many points the WU is worth? All I can find is remaining frames, mine seems to always work on 400 frame projects.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I seemed to remember reading somethign on the folding site last time I looked that mentioned a few server problems... maybey it's soemthign on their end not yours.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******
Where exactly does it show how many points the WU is worth? All I can find is remaining frames, mine seems to always work on 400 frame projects.
match your WU number in here, then see how much

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/psummary.html

1 - 20 of 40 Posts