Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

So i'm kinda confused really about SSD,because some SSD seems to have high reading and writing but in tests and benchmarking like PCMark® Vantage test the SSD would have bad loading for games such as cruical s300,intelx25-m,etc

In few words i want the fasts (SSD 100-128GB) for gaming i want to be able to get over loading screens in Worldofwarcraft in seconds and boot up in 4-7 sec.

Which SSD is better the 2.5 or 3.5 ?And which one of them would fit my MB:rampage 3 formula?

If you could link your options on newegg that would be great

Thanks

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
budget ? get a vertex 2 or crucial and your set

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
I have a pair of Crucial C300 128GB (writes are faster than the 64GB version) and my game load times have been cut big style.

I can now load BF:BC2 or COD:MW2 in less than a fifth of the time I used to load with 3 x WD 640GB Caviar Blacks in RAID 0.

Oh and you want 2.5" drives.

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blayker699 View Post
In few words i want the fasts (SSD 100-128GB) for gaming i want to be able to get over loading screens in Worldofwarcraft in seconds and boot up in 4-7 sec.
You will never achieve 5 second boot times, nor will you achieve loading World of Warcraft in seconds. Yes a mechanical hard disk bottlenecks, but there's a point where your data just bottlenecks. You won't be seeing any 5 second boot times in your near future.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

Budget around 200-300$ But which series of vertex should i get? and which plug?2.5 or 3.5?
here

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you so much guys

But just to cut the thoughts in my mind since i'm choosing vertex i see few series like pro,ex and agility.
Would the OCZ Vertex 2 in the link above beet those other series or do i have to make little sacrifice ?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

thank you so much guys

But just to cut the thoughts in my mind since i'm choosing vertex i see few series like pro,ex and agility.
Would the OCZ Vertex 2 in the link above beet those other series or do i have to make little sacrifice ?
depends on the budget , vertex 2 is one the best , also crucial is very good on ssd here

i got an agility and is super fast i cant imagine a vertex 2

• Rep+
Reactions: blayker699

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Let see...

-Corsair Extreme Series
-Corsair Performance Series
-Corsair Force Series
-Intel X25-Mainstream 160GB
-OCZ Vertex

I don't really have the time to link them right now so sorry but here are just a couple.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Quote:

I was planning to get Crucial since its SATA III but after real world tests Crucial is kinda bad with games loading and writing, infact vertex 2 is 2x better in that department and here is link:
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/329...ew/index9.html

But again would vertex>agility or E/pro series? and how much performance are we talking about ?

vertex>agility>lynx etc etc , e and pro are same series but kinda different in read etc . Get the vertex 2 and you wont regret
had the same problem too till i press buy now

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
here

very helpful link , but as i said vertex 2 is the way to go

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you so much guys

And about the link im really starting to think that those tests arent real lol,like every site has his own benchmark.

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
Vertex 2 - Based on Sandforce controller with unlimited IOPS Firmware (~50k 4k random IOPS)
Agility 2 - Based on Sandforce controller with limited IOPS Firmware (~10k 4k random IOPS)

Vertex 1 - Based on Indilinx controller (much slower then Sandforce)
Agility 1 - Based on Indilinx controller (much slower then Sandforce, but the same as Vertex 1)

If you have the budget get a Sandforce-based drive (like Vertex 2 etc) or Crucial C300... they will be very close in performance, but the Sandforce drive SHOULD be a bit quicker...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts