Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into this card and I've read some great reviews on it, but is this a card where it has good sound quality and you pay extra for the name? Or is it really bang for your buck?

Or is there a card comparable to this one out there in price and quality?

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: SinfulAnimosity

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*gasp*

Zomg. Nice. This may be a stupid question, but I just recently started with the pci express, but can I put that card in the bigger pci-e slot? Because I have only the x16 slot left.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Yes. Anything x1 can go in a x16.

• Rep+
Reactions: Nytehawk

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
If you're going to go with X-Fi Titanium, just get the standard version, not the Fatal1ty. Only reason I got the Fatal1ty is because I found it on sale for the same price as the standard X-Fi Titanium.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone
View Post

xonars are terrible for positional gaming in some fps.

Source? I've played many FPSs with mine, and can always discern the direction a noise came from. I've owned an Auzentech Forte and Fatal1ty as well, so the Xonar isn't the only card I have experience with.

Creative drivers just tend to be buggy and are always bloated with tons of crap you don't even want or that works for that matter.

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaldari View Post
Source? I've played many FPSs with mine, and can always discern the direction a noise came from. I've owned an Auzentech Forte and Fatal1ty as well, so the Xonar isn't the only card I have experience with.

Creative drivers just tend to be buggy and are always bloated with tons of crap you don't even want or that works for that matter.
If you install off the included CD they are bloated, if you just download what you need, they are no larger than any other driver package. Though, I will agree they can be a bit buggy at times. I am still completely satisfied with my X-Fi Titanium.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
Really depends on how you're going to sue the soundcard and what you intend to plug into it so what are they?

·
Premium Member
8,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone
View Post

xonars are terrible for positional gaming in some fps.

x-fi's only job is to be a good gaming soundcard or a digi pass through.

Wanna' play MW2 against me? Bet you you'll call hack on me when I turn in your direction because I hear your footsteps. Wouldn't be the first time

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Simca View Post
Wanna' play MW2 against me? Bet you you'll call hack on me when I turn in your direction because I hear your footsteps. Wouldn't be the first time

lol I get this ALL the time.

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
my rebuttal

i've had the x-fi/dx/stx at the same time for a period of time and x-fi in game mode did positional sound much better than the other two. But I had significant problems with dx in some fps, and then stx in bc2.

Actually if you wana play mw2 I'm down. Name's yellowtoblerone on steam but I play hardcore exclusively.

I'm real proud of this score: http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/s.../tubersdie.jpg

as for the dx btw, make sure it's a p45-55, or x58 system. It won't work on 775 nvidia chipset without the workaround found by twocables.

·
486DX2 66
3,754 Posts
X-fi has given me 0 driver related issues. I returned my Xonar because of how buggy the drivers were (I know its different one system to another), and if you look at the eggs reviews on the ratings are low with people blabbing about the drivers.

They are both really good cards, the xonar does kind of edge out the x-fi audio quality wise (you really need a trained pair of ears + high end sound + a taste for orchestrated tunes to notice...) As far as gaming is concerned they both give very nice 3d sound, you can tell where things are coming from with a nice 7.1 system.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts