Overclock.net banner

What is your favorite non-computer related hobby?

• Playing/Watching Sports

Votes: 231 20.1%
  • Music

Votes: 282 24.5%
  • Photography

Votes: 50 4.4%
  • Movies

Votes: 104 9.1%
  • Performing Arts

Votes: 22 1.9%
  • Cars

Votes: 210 18.3%
  • Literature

Votes: 31 2.7%
  • Arts and crafts

Votes: 29 2.5%
  • Collecting

Votes: 24 2.1%
  • Outdoor/nature activities

Votes: 135 11.7%
  • Traveling

Votes: 31 2.7%
521 - 540 of 552 Posts

·
I took this profile pic
4,007 Posts
I would have to say psychology (reading about it, practicing it in my head when I people watch... lol) but really, I like psychology because I am good at recognizing behavior patterns in people. I can tell if a kid or adult has ADHD pretty quick because I have it and I am good at understanding the sorts of things that people with ADHD do. It is kind of hard to explain. I like it so much that I got a B.A. in psychology and I want to go on to do child research.

I also like computers... ...

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
My answer is a sort of shameful one, so I'll avoid saying that hobby, otherwise it would have to be collecting old cars or shooting guns.

·
technologist
4,515 Posts
Not sure if this counts. Since technically, they ARE computers. But my favorite hobby is collecting retro video game consoles and games for them (Nintendo etc). So, gaming.

·
Registered
173 Posts
when I learned how to bowl in 1971 I was at loring afb, maine. it was something you could do year round even if the temp was 40 below 0. I was in there air force for 23 years, and no matter where I went I could bowl. just before I retired I was at spangdahlem afb, Germany and I became a coach and a coach instructor teaching others how to teach.
I held the house high game for 2 years with a 288. 10 strikes and an 8 and a spare.
now 300 games are very common in most houses. then the oil was applied with a wide 2 handed dust mop looking device with clean cloth and a small amout of oil dripping to the cloth as it was pushed down the lane.
I still enjoy it.

·
Senioritis Member
8,396 Posts
Of the ones listed, mine would have to be music. I used to be a singer-I sang in various choruses and chorales at times and even had a female a capella band that performed at Renaissance Festivals-until my allergies wrecked my singing voice. Now I have to settle for listening to music.

Right behind music would be reading. One of the best perks of being retired is I have more time for reading.

521 - 540 of 552 Posts