Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Very sad news. Just went to look for some parts and found this at the top;
"We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently. We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation. The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80% (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem. It hit us at the worst possible time. We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen.

Source

Source 2

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
80%? Curious. Everything I've read put the tariffs at only 25%.

·
High Clocker
3,415 Posts
This is the worrying bit.

We are doing our best to ship as many orders as we can, but we won’t be able to ship them all.
So those that have been getting ignored and no replys to emails or any updates are going to be left high and dry since its long past the window of credit card cash back from all the delays.

·
Customer Support
1,175 Posts
You'll be missed Case Labs! Hope everyone there has good luck in their future endeavors.

I know everything has been rough there lately, it's sad to see it all come to an end though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I don't get it, I thought CaseLabs costumers were not into looking for bargains. And "The default of a large account"? Did they sell on credit? This is too abstract to me

edit: also I recall them posting about military contracts not long ago wth?

·
In My Moms Basement!
250 Posts
This is strange with the amount that the cases cost. I mean they had to have a decent income on those premium cases?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I don't get it, I thought CaseLabs costumers were not into looking for bargains. And "The default of a large account"? Did they sell on credit? This is too abstract to me

I think a very large portion of their business were server racks and customized enclosures for medical equipment. Orders like that are usually net 30, so yes, it's credit.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
This is strange with the amount that the cases cost. I mean they had to have a decent income on those premium cases?
Yea... I'm not buying it... Unless they outsourced their product manufacturing entirely. Seems kind of stupid for a custom built PC company. Prices will always be higher when you buy smaller amounts of something overseas...

·
Eh, Wha?
9,940 Posts
*flamesuit on*

And nothing of particular value has been lost.

All joking aside, this does suck, but I can't say I'm terribly shocked or that it will have any significant impact on... well... anything (memes and absurd "because I can" builds side).

·
Gamer
3,965 Posts
Wow! I'm in disbelief.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
My guess is that they took orders before they had product. Then they took orders, and the tarrifs hit. This probably caused them to take a loss on their products. Thus they're going out of business rather than lose money fulfilling orders that cost more than they charged now.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
The greatest cases i never owned, and now never will :( wth. One of the only companies that makes a solid horizontal tray case.

·
Original 16-bit Genesis®
1,756 Posts
They're not the first victim of those tariffs. Won't be the last either. And just wait until that new recession hits.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

I highly doubt that, military aint paying those prices lol. We rockin cheapo dells and hp haha, well for most jobs. Kind of scary if they were selling on credit and didnt properly vet the customer to be able to pay, maybe they could have sold to me on credit before this? lmao

My guess is that they took orders before they had product. Then they took orders, and the tarrifs hit. This probably caused them to take a loss on their products. Thus they're going out of business rather than lose money fulfilling orders that cost more than they charged now.
Oh that is a scary thought, if they did that it should be considered criminal.

·
Tetrapyloctomist
1,708 Posts
Sad..
Because of what they offered and because i've been there, i know how that feels and i know what it's like, dealing with it (what to salvage, from equipment to furniture, talking to customers, talking to the banks, etc.) when all you want to do is cry/shout/kick something.

And because i can also recall what it was like afterwards.. debts were still there, responsibilites too, but no income and no youth anymore, ain't like you're in your twenties or something, the drive is.. lessened i suppose; so i sincerely hope things will improve for them elsewhere and that unlike mine at the time, this is a paper bankruptcy rather than a real one. That would be horrid, they don't deserve that. And they're good people too.

One of the few instances where i don't even know why i'm posting, so pointless..
Sad.

* and selfish, isn't it.. our human nature. My first thought? "OMG, my second order is currently at customs, what happens if something's missing or broken?". Pffft.

·
Gamer
486 Posts
Me too.. I feel sad too.

I had always thought that CaseLabs would be one of the successors of the world for their innovative case designs.
I love their customer service and attention to detail.

·
AMD Fanboy Using Nvidia
733 Posts
I love my case labs case. No one has come close to the quality. I was putting off buying some parts so I went to the website to see if I could still order them. I dont see the message that they are closing. Am I missing something?

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Sadly, this is not the first company that will be the first to go. I think many, many more are going to go under :(. Everyone is on credit and when you can't pay off your debt properly, you will go bankrupt. I just wish that this company was bought out by someone else though. Anyone want to reach out to caselab to see if they can be bought out? Surely this can't be the end, can it?

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
To say this sucks is an understatement. I wanted to see Gemini finally take shape as a finished product, and now not only is that not happening, but it seems some orders will be left unfulfilled. I really hope Jim and co. can get in as designers/product managers and whatnot at another case manufacturer, at the very least.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts