Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1


Corsair was once called Corsair Memory, but they shortened their name when they made the decision to move into a wider variety of enthusiast PC markets. Corsair has been very busy in recent years and while they still sell PC memory they now offer power supplies, cases, CPU air coolers, CPU water cooling kits, USB Flash memory and Solid State Drives. One might think that is enough products, but not Corsair! The company moved into the audio market this month when they released their HS1 USB Gaming Headset! While Corsair has greatly expanded their product portfolio over the years, one thing has remained the same: Corsair focuses on PC gamers and enthusiasts. That said, we weren't too shocked when Corsair called and said that they were making a gaming headset. It took Corsair just under a year to hire some audio engineers and come up with some fully enclosed gaming headsets that they could sell at the lucrative $99 price point.

Source
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,536 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALiShaikh View Post
Its USB

So ?

It's gaming headset. If you want the best quality classical music through your very special headphone amplifier system then there are other kind of headphones for that far outside the target 99$ mark.

For everyday use though USB has pretty good quality. I have used both USB and regular (expencive) headphones and they are both quite decent. Then again I'm not audiophile and cant detect 5 ms "lag" with my ears.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carniflex View Post
So ?

It's gaming headset. If you want the best quality classical music through your very special headphone amplifier system then there are other kind of headphones for that far outside the target 99$ mark.

For everyday use though USB has pretty good quality. I have used both USB and regular (expencive) headphones and they are both quite decent. Then again I'm not audiophile and cant detect 5 ms "lag" with my ears.
...many gamers own "gaming" sound cards.

I rest my case.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FairDoos View Post
I see your point but dont many gamers have USB slots?
I'm not sure you do...

you see there aren't any sound cards i'm aware of that output through a USB port.
 

·
Z-80 > i9
Joined
·
17,244 Posts
Using USB for sound is like using PCI for RAM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,611 Posts
As far as style goes for gaming headsets, I think it has it in the bag.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pLuhhmm View Post
As far as style goes for gaming headsets, I think it has it in the bag.
Indeed.

Also, I own a Cyber Sniper Sonar USB Headset, got it free as they used to be one of our Team Sponsors, and I love it, great sound and bass, and I can hear everything ingame. I don't see the problem with USB unless you have a nice sound card, in which case, why would you be looking at a USB headset anyhow?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,044 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle View Post
I don't see the problem with USB unless you have a nice sound card, in which case, why would you be looking at a USB headset anyhow?

Because this is OCN and people QQ about stupid things for zero reason.

With my D2X I'd never really consider a USB headset, but for my brothers pc which has no card, this is a viable option.

As usual, haters gonna hate
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle View Post
Indeed.

Also, I own a Cyber Sniper Sonar USB Headset, got it free as they used to be one of our Team Sponsors, and I love it, great sound and bass, and I can hear everything ingame. I don't see the problem with USB unless you have a nice sound card, in which case, why would you be looking at a USB headset anyhow?

because every sound card onboard or otherwise, and the vast majority of cases, have 3.5mm jacks that provide great sound quality. No sound cards have USB ports. Therefore they lose nothing by using a 3.5mm jack; and limit the market and quality potential of a possibly otherwise good headset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
I have Creative Labs MK II ad I love it. This headset looks cool though, but I am not crazy on USB good sound card or not. My USB ports make humming noises for sound.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
15,777 Posts
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top