Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

High brand visibility from large security software vendors doesn't necessarily mean that their products dominate the market, according to a new study of security software.

The study was released on Wednesday by Opswat, whose primary product, Oesis, is a development toolkit used to manage third-party security applications.

Opswat's study focused on what kind of security software users employed, primarily in English-speaking markets.

Source

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I use free AVG, that's it... Never really have any problems with viruses. If i do, i always enjoy removing them manually xD.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand
View Post

I use free AVG, that's it... Never really have any problems with viruses. If i do, i always enjoy removing them manually xD.

Win same here or sometimes as i rarely get a virus i normally do a fresh install of Windows. Nothing like a nice new install

·
Initializing...
23,798 Posts
Been using Microsoft Security Essentials for while and its great.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess people see paid for AV's are much safer than Free AV's but thats not really the case as paid versions only add more features than find more virus's but the majority of people that buy AV's are probably not so techy when it comes to computers..

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FairDoos
View Post

I guess people see paid for AV's are much safer than Free AV's but thats not really the case as paid versions only add more features than find more virus's but the majority of people that buy AV's are probably not so techy when it comes to computers..

NOD32 is actually really great, it's a shame it's not completely free anymore or I'd use it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
NOD32 is actually really great, it's a shame it's not completely free anymore or I'd use it.
So true i remember i got a years free subscription with a motherboard i purchased its brilliant also i think Kaspersky is great there the only AV programs id pay for if i had a no choice of free AV

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoTMaXPoWeR View Post
90% of OCN users will be using basic, free antivirus because they know what they're doing. It's only there for emergencies.
company has eset busniness smart security license
, so i take one home

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
i must say i enjoy having norton 360, i never have to bother with it, it defrags, backups, updates, scans and everything else all on its own, but i did the free thing for ages, my main reason for moving to a paid for one is that my mother :facepalm: does not understand the concept of following a schedule, ie scanning every sunday night (its nice and easy to remember right? its also safe to a semi paranoia level which i have) avira was great when i did the free thing

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aldfig0 View Post
I wouldn't use those, they tested the software without recent definition updates
this is a better idea of how they actually perform:
Why is this one better? They both used February definitions.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.