·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hermit
View Post

like BF2142 they put ad in the game

see the pic

actually they didnt, it just because the game had all the pc's replaced by dells.

therefore in return for letting FEAR have dells in they had to put that on all the screens.

dont worry though, a repeating cannon fixes that problem

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing
View Post

actually they didnt, it just because the game had all the pc's replaced by dells.

therefore in return for letting FEAR have dells in they had to put that on all the screens.

hehe, i did that to.

there's a Dell laptop somewhere also

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
You can't blow the bilboards in 2142 away.

"That sonuva keeps sniping me from behind the taco bell billboard!"
"What taco bell billboard?"
"The one over there!"
"I see Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ad there"
"Where the hell have you been browsing to?"

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modki
View Post

You can't blow the bilboards in 2142 away.

"That sonuva keeps sniping me from behind the taco bell billboard!"
"What taco bell billboard?"
"The one over there!"
"I see Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ad there"
"Where the hell have you been browsing to?"

*****!!!!!

Any one got any ingame pics of the 2142 pics? Also are the dell things the only ad's in there? I thought I've seen some games with coke products before.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepy127
View Post

But atleast fear didn't include spyware like 2142 did.

Exactly. Although I don't "love" the idea, ads in games don't make my head explode until the targeted-advertising-via-undisclosed-spyware process is used.

·
Registered
787 Posts
CS:S has a bunck of Dell knock-offs in cs_officem and they can be competely destoyed. The PSU, HSF, and CD drive all fly out.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeRoToXeN View Post
*****!!!!!

Any one got any ingame pics of the 2142 pics? Also are the dell things the only ad's in there? I thought I've seen some games with coke products before.

yeah, it's the only one i think. there's also a Dell ad when you start the game. so in conclusion, Dell is a sponsor

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
This is way different from BF2142. BF had targeted ads that changed all the time and were streamed though the internet but FEAR just has static ads that came with the game and never change. Games have had these kind of ads a lot.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
In the year 2142 you must fight to survive. But we still have Coke Cola and McRib sandwiches!!

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
how bout this....how bout we keep ads realistic.

Coke machines say coke on them...ok...fair enough.
Computers say dell on them...ok...fair enoug (saying it on the monitor is frickin ******ed)
Cars say dodge on them...ok...fair enough.

Adds realism if it's done fairly...

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELmo1989 View Post
hermit what gun is that???

a new gun, not sure of the name. but it rocks. not a lot of ammo though, but fun when you use it. it shoot some king of continuous laser.

you get it in chapter 2 i think.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns View Post
Adds realism if it's done fairly...
And within the proper atmosphere of the game. Games in the future should have futuristic looking ads, not a current "live" ad placed there by an ad-bot.

And there needs to be a limit, publishers should not get so cash crazed that they sacrifice the game on the altar of over-advertising. Even in-character ads would ruin the game if they are beating you over the head with them. We're nowhere near this potential problem yet, but it could hapen quickly...remember how fast the web went from advertising-free to freaking-ugly-give-me-a-break-already-advertising-overkill?

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Hmm I'd have to say yes unless it preloads the ad's instead of doing them real-time. Also clock cycles are used to record what ads you look at and for how long.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post

Don't waste your ammo. Just leave it turned on for a while, should blow up on its own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts