Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
994495


- credit to Lutro0 for the logo -

Points This Foldathon

points_foldathon_2_2013.png


Active Participants

active_foldathon_2_2013.png


What is the Foldathon?

The Foldathon is a 2-day period each month where we Fold on any and all clients we can get our hands on. You might not be able to Fold 24/7, but if you're a Folder, there's no excuse not to Fold for these 48 hours.


How it works:

Sign-up below and run [email protected] for Overclock.net (team number: 37726) during the specified times. Those who Fold will be entered into a drawing to win the prizes listed below. If you don't know what [email protected] is, feel free to make a thread in the Overclock.net [email protected] Team forum or check these guides:

CPU and/or GPU Folding
Client for AMD GPUs only

When:

Monday February 18th Noon EST (GMT: 5pm) until Wednesday February 20th Noon EST (GMT: 5pm).

Countdown Timer

Sign-Up:

You only need to sign up once.

If you'd like to be put on a reminder list for all future Foldathons, please join this group: Foldathon Participants

----> SIGN UP HERE <----

OCN Prizes:

  • $25 PayPal - donated by admin
  • $25 PayPal - donated by admin
  • $25 PayPal - donated by admin

  • Lifetime Overclocked account - donated by admin
  • Lifetime Overclocked account - donated by admin

Donated Prizes:

  • TBD

PM Prize donations to axipher

Referral Prizes:

  • 1st place - Ducky keyboard - donated by admin
  • 2nd place - $50 through PayPal - donated by admin
  • 3rd place - $25 through PayPal - donated by admin
  • Random Draw - Ducky Keyboard - donated by admin
Referral Rules:

You refer someone to the Foldathon, and they name you as the referrer. The first Foldathon they fold in will be when they count.
Any points they make for the Foldathon will then be the referrer's "Referred Points" (RP's).

The three members with the most RP's will then win the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes and are removed from the Random Draw.
If a referred member participates, then they along with their referrer will also be added to a pool for a random drawing of an OCN Ducky Keyboard.

Stats:

Courtesy of axipher, a work in progress Foldathon stats page that is full of features with search functionallities.

Foldathon Stats Site

Sig Link:

:cheers: February Foldathon (18th-20th) :cheers:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam51037 View Post

Yay! I'm down for another foldathon!

Should have an E6700, 2600k @ 4.4 GHz, GTX 670, and a 7850.
smile.gif


Oh and maybe a 9600 GSO.
smile.gif
Every little bit helps, now get out there and recruit more people :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
I am in!
smile.gif
- Again!

OT:

Would folding with SLI disabled make a difference ?

This is my current PPD with SLI enabled (And folding SMP from Windows, but that is just me being lazy).

 

·
!
Joined
·
9,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomi View Post

I am in!
smile.gif
- Again!

OT:

Would folding with SLI disabled make a difference ?

This is my current PPD with SLI enabled (And folding SMP from Windows, but that is just me being lazy).

If your GPU usage is good across all 4 GPUs then you shouldn't have any reason to disable SLI.
 

·
Water-cooler
Joined
·
1,747 Posts
Looking forward to this. It's my first Foldathon!! What would you recommend for my set up? I get some pretty sweet PPD in native linux but I feel like I could be getting a little more if I used my 7970, although with the new drivers for Windows I don't quite get what I use to.
 

·
!
Joined
·
9,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBrock View Post

Looking forward to this. It's my first Foldathon!! What would you recommend for my set up? I get some pretty sweet PPD in native linux but I feel like I could be getting a little more if I used my 7970, although with the new drivers for Windows I don't quite get what I use to.
If you're able to run native linux then I would recommend you just keep on doing that as that is just about hte best you can hope for. If you wanted to fold on the AMD GPU you'd have to make a few sacrifices in many areas to allow that, first you'd have to go to using windows because as far as I know it's not possible to fold GPUs in linux currently, then you'd also have to reduce the amount of threads that your CPU folds on because AMD GPUs use up a fair amount of CPU cycles when they fold, and you'd also be sacrificing in terms of power efficiency because you'd end up making approximately the same points but using ~200+ more watts to do so.

In conclusion just pat yourself on the back for being awesome and running native linux, and carry on.
smile.gif
 

·
Water-cooler
Joined
·
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juano View Post

If you're able to run native linux then I would recommend you just keep on doing that as that is just about hte best you can hope for. If you wanted to fold on the AMD GPU you'd have to make a few sacrifices in many areas to allow that, first you'd have to go to using windows because as far as I know it's not possible to fold GPUs in linux currently, then you'd also have to reduce the amount of threads that your CPU folds on because AMD GPUs use up a fair amount of CPU cycles when they fold, and you'd also be sacrificing in terms of power efficiency because you'd end up making approximately the same points but using ~200+ more watts to do so.

In conclusion just pat yourself on the back for being awesome and running native linux, and carry on.
smile.gif
Haha thanx, I patted myself on the back
biggrin.gif
I really wish I had another system just to run a few of my older graphics cards on (three 9800 gtx) Any extra ppd would be nice. I am going to see if I can "borrow" the fiance's computer for some folding as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam51037 View Post

:O

dat power consumption.
biggrin.gif
*Laugh*

True that.

The whole "Hardware" thing had me laugh out loud the other day, while mulling over a cup of tea.

When I was young I had a billion games to play and zero cash to purchase hardware with (Well, this-gen hardware anyways).

Now that I am "older" I have cash enough to buy whatever hardware I wish, and zero games to play (Or at least the wish to play). So I spend my time folding, benching and what-else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam51037 View Post

:O

dat power consumption.
biggrin.gif
*Laugh*

True that.

The whole "Hardware" thing had me laugh out loud the other day, while mulling over a cup of tea.

When I was young I had a billion games to play and zero cash to purchase hardware with (Well, this-gen hardware anyways).

Now that I am "older" I have cash enough to buy whatever hardware I wish, and zero games to play (Or at least the wish to play). So I spend my time folding, benching and what-else.
haha same, actually started playing TERA today, spent about 6-7 hours playing today, and first game in few years ive had a blast playing. and looks gorgeous maxxed out
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A week away, let's drum up excitement for this. Don't forget that if you missed January's Foldathon, you will need to fold in each foldathon from now until December to be eligible for a 2013 Foldathon Badge.
 
1 - 20 of 328 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top