Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
I heard you were dead...
8,501 Posts
Ethereum is the best for me right now. I had to stop folding 24/7 because of my electricity bill in the winter (I have electric heat in my house) but I found that it was worth it to mine ETH. Even using NiceHash which is like the noob mode for mining, I'm still making between $10 and $15 per day on just a single 3080.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
Ethereum is the best for me right now. I had to stop folding 24/7 because of my electricity bill in the winter (I have electric heat in my house) but I found that it was worth it to mine ETH. Even using NiceHash which is like the noob mode for mining, I'm still making between $10 and $15 per day on just a single 3080.
Thats damn good. I am averaging 240MH/s on 4 2080Ti's and have them cruising at 660w all together.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,501 Posts
My 3080 is getting around 85-90 MH/s at 80% power target (which is about 215W). Mining OC profiles are strange since it's advantageous to underclock the core and absolutely crank the VRAM, and run at as low of a power target as possible. I've seen people getting over 100 MH/s on a 3080 if they get a good one.

But the 3080 also gets between 4.5 million and 6 million PPD in [email protected], which is what I'll be doing again once my electricity bill goes back down. :p

·
Fold on!
6,946 Posts
It is with great sadness I must officially end the rivalry between @Bastiaan_NL and myself. He has purchased his way out of competition. I will be resuming my old rivalry between @amder and myself. I am also officially sponsoring a new rivalry in the heavyweight class between @Bastiaan_NL and @NBrock. May the PPD gods smile upon you.
You know you are just one 2080ti away from me... I know you'll be back once all this mining fades away :D

Has this become the cryptothon now? Haha
It sounds good, but I'm more into folding to be honest :)

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
You know you are just one 2080ti away from me... I know you'll be back once all this mining fades away :D

It sounds good, but I'm more into folding to be honest :)
I know, I know. Also on crypto, I love folding as well. Just damn hard to pass up free money. Very rare that you get a chance to cover the cost of your rigs.

·
Fold on!
6,946 Posts
I totally understand why you are doing it, and I don't have a problem with it. (not that you should care about my opinion :p)
And if it means you might even upgrade and use those cards for folding after you are done mining it'll even increase your production.
I'm happy you are here for the FaT!

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
Stats page down for anyone else?

·
I can count to potato
836 Posts
Considering how last minute this FAT is, I'm not surprised that the stats page isn't working.

Since it's been colder lately, I started mining so my cat and I can be nice and warm while I WFH. Cheaper to shut the door and run the computer hard to warm up just my room than turn up the thermostat for the whole house. I could get the same effect running [email protected] more, but it's hard to pass up the magic internet money.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
Ok, so I finished cleaning up and organizing my PC **** while waiting for the M40's to get installed and folding. I. Have. A. Problem.

·
AMD Gamer
610 Posts
I know I signed up but I don't see myself listed on stats page. anyways, again my client is doing this weird thing where it thinks there is not a team defined, yet there is. I dont know, guess I'll just keep an eye on it when it completes this next job

·
I can count to potato
836 Posts

·
I heard you were dead...
8,501 Posts
YOU'RE the jerk, I can't even land a 3060, and you and bastiaan got 2 3090's, yeesh. Gimmie a break.
Honestly it's way easier to find 3080s and 3090s than 3070s and 3060s.

·
Rig Advisor
3,221 Posts
So the M40 rig puts out 4.2 mil ppd, but, the system hangs up every so often. I am certain it's a faulty 1900x. So it's cool, but is unreliable. Sadly the k80 rig just says "disabled " when I start fah. I Googled it, but there isn't much info out there.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts