Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I build a rig for a guy and he ships it to his son in W.VA. well fedex dropped something on it and crushed the power button somehow...There really isn't any real noticable damage...it was a lan case with handle on top..button up there.
well he plugs it up and hits the button on for a few then blink...Well he calls complains and they ship it back for repairs...Well the claims area try to take the side cover off and pried it off without removing the screws...then try to remove some part, because there were screws loose inside when i got i, and then musta plugged it in and try to turn it on because one of the chipset bridges has a hole burned clear through the top of it...aaaaccckkk...the board , the cpu, and the vid card all dead...I put alot of time and effort into putting together the right compatable stuff...kinda like one of my kids...hated to see it go..then get it back like this. %#@$#^#&&()($##@@#$$&!$#...pardon my french...they are like well sorry file a claim and you will get the insured price back...yeh when 6 months???stoooopid butt nuggets!!!!!

Pics soon ok

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there's the pics even the hd mount bracket is bent, the vid card post but is full of nothing but spots over the whole screen...and just flickers like it's slow time refreshing..tried the same drivers ...91.47 no luck...~~~~sniff~~~

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Infuriating!
!
!

I feel for you. I can't believe that some fool attempted to remove the case cover by prying it. They might as well have put it in a cage with a chimpanzee (sorry cheetah, no dis) to inspect it.

As for 6 months... I have only had to put in 1 claim with FedEx and it took about 6-7 days, but it was only for US$90.00 - or sumthin' like that.

I hope this works out for you in the long run.

re: pics. O...M....F...G...! One word: Troglodyte

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
wow! I RARELY get a fedex box dropped! You got lucky in a really unlucky sort of way.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I wanna RACE the big brown truck so I'm ups the whole way

Shaggyt

Why would Fedex be opening your package anyways to that kind of extent when the damage was on the outside??? Something just doesn't sound right about that...

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Oh Man, I'm sorry to hear that..That has to be so frustrating...

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Omg they pried the side off with out unscrewing it. If I would have been standing there I would have... Well I dont know what I would have done! Did they give him the value of the pc back?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Man I really think someone who had no clue about computers thought they could get something out of it to sell...realized they couldn't get it out with probably just the box knife and crowbar they had for tools and then tried to crank it up to see if it worked and cooked it... I'd have been pist too man... that is BS that they could trash that machine like that with any consequences for the person who did it.... I'd find a mailman to go postal on that fedex employee if I was you

Shaggyt

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
true all the above...well they was supposed to ship it back over night took four days and it was in a different box when recieved so somebody opened it...yeh the claim is for my retail sell to him for 950.00 so don't know how long...&@!^^#!^*($%&...ahhh that felt good but i think i broke my big toe...lol

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaytonCallihan

I never use fedex and so far no problems with ups. Tell them to use UPS next time

UPS Is just as bad, I recieved my ultra aluminus with a 2 inch round hole and what ever it was it dented the whole bottom of my case! And my monitor the stupid idiot thought I wasn't home and literally threw it on the ground I walked out and just looked at him. Too bad Im 16 and dont cuss or I would have...+ Im no small kid i weigh 230 and am 6ft tall

1 - 15 of 15 Posts