Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got Fedora Core 3 Installed, and when using mozilla it only load the redhat websites. I has it set to autodetect Prozy setting to use my external DSL modem, can anyone tell me how to fix the problem so that I can view other websites?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I am having way too many bugs with Fedora Core 3.

Can anyone recommend another reliable distor for Linus and include a free download site?

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Ok I am having way too many bugs with Fedora Core 3.

Can anyone recommend another reliable distor for Linus and include a free download site?

UBUNTU
UBUNTU
UBUNTU
UBUNTU
UBUNTU
UBUNTU
UBUNTU
UBUNTU
UBUNTU
UBUNTU

Also I must commend you on the jump to linux, it's too bad you dont have an AMD64 so you could take advantage of the 64-bit kernels.... nonetheless enjoy, and get IRC as I am a regular in the ubuntu channel on irc.freenode.net and there is many gurus in there... I'm setite in there too.

Fedora Core 3 is evil. I made the mistake of trying it too and although I didn't have your problems it has NO media support OTB and YUM is an inferior package system. Ubuntu is a newcomer but still one of the best and they are built upon Debian so there is no application you won't be able to find throught the lovely apt-get and synaptic. Viva La Revolucion!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts