Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with the BOINCers Gone Bonkers event being an success, it will be a regular thing.

Firstly, the next BOINCers Gone Bonkers event will take part in November, and will be the last one for 2010. Starting in 2011, it will become a monthly event like the Foldathon.

With that out of the way; what are/were your thoughts on the first BOINCers Gone Bonkers event?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Just a few ideas from me:

Synchronise the start and finish times with the daily update times on Boincstats..?
Try and get more people with fast ATI cards crunching on MW (since these WUs complete very quickly) - it'd be great to bring some folders in just for the event (but obviously we don't want to upset anyone!)
Have some sort of guide in place to help everyone clock their cards to the max for the event.

These are in no way meant as criticism, the event ran really well the first time round!

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazznaz
View Post

Synchronise the start and finish times with the daily update times on Boincstats..?

That sounds like a great idea!

Quote:

View Post

Try and get more people with fast ATI cards crunching on MW (since these WUs complete very quickly) - it'd be great to bring some folders in just for the event (but obviously we don't want to upset anyone!)

One of the advantages of BOINC is the ability to choose whatever project you want. I do want to persuade anyone in running a particular project that isn't the Project of The Month. As long as ATI users utilize their cards, I'm happy.

Quote:

View Post

Have some sort of guide in place to help everyone clock their cards to the max for the event.

Your referring to an Overclocking guide for CPU/GPU relating to BOINC. That sounds like another great idea!

·
Hardware/Software OG
1,692 Posts
Maybe one thing to consider would be to have like different divisions kinda like weight classes. Could base them off current/recent RAC or something. That might be kinda cool. So then the guys that just joined up for the event would feeel like they accomplished something instead of looking at DR's numbers and feeling pwned

Also could even have different brackets for different projects

·
Registered
657 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobos223 View Post
Maybe one thing to consider would be to have like different divisions kinda like weight classes. Could base them off current/recent RAC or something. That might be kinda cool. So then the guys that just joined up for the event would feeel like they accomplished something instead of looking at DR's numbers and feeling pwned

Also could even have different brackets for different projects
I like this idea! Why not divide up by GPU type? Again, another incentive to bring out the best overclockers to do battle on a level playing field

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Thinking of a request, nothing I can think of yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazznaz View Post
Just a few ideas from me:

Easier said then done.

BOINCstats.com updates are never 100% on time it seems.
They update in 2 ways, one which is there daily update and another is incremental updates.

Daily update - starts at 15:00GMT, may take 1 to 3 hours.
Incremental update - checks for project XML dumps every 2 hours, if none found will not update that project. These usually take 15mins to an hour.

So its a little tricky to get them synchronized.

Also BOINCstats.com doesn't export data, but thats a whole other story.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts