Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the exact release date of when these things are suppose to come out, i know its september but i cant wait i need something asap?

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Do you want a radiator for high speed fans for low speed fans?

High speed? Black Ice GTX 360 - this could cool your entire loop with 2.5k RPM fans
Low Speed? XSPC RX360 - you would probably need two of these - with 1.5k RPM fans

With both above estimates I'm assuming you're cooling your i7 and your SLI 470s.

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
4,799 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205 View Post
does anyone know the exact release date of when these things are suppose to come out, i know its september but i cant wait i need something asap?
I've been wondering the same thing, would be sick to have in a clear rad box underneath the ufo build I'm doing. Tubes in the radiator are just sweet and the design is amazing (for a radiator).

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55 View Post

High speed? Black Ice GTX 360 - this could cool your entire loop with 2.5k RPM fans
Low Speed? XSPC RX360 - you would probably need two of these - with 1.5k RPM fans

With both above estimates I'm assuming you're cooling your i7 and your SLI 470s.
Still aren't as cool as the admiral design. It's pretty sleek imo, but if you're going for low speed fans I would def get a HW Labs SR-1. Slightly, and I mean slightly, better performance with low speed fans than the rx series, but there is a premium to be paid

·
Registered
730 Posts
I don't think anyone knows yet, some rumors about getting postponed till Oct. I'm buying the cheapest swiftech rad, if the Feser Admiral is good bang for buck, I'll end up selling the cheap swiftech and getting the Admiral Series.

It's hard to tell if it's going to be good, they replacing the standard rad design for ribbed tubes. They hadn't made new rads in a while, they must of had this in testing for a long time. Looks like they are increasing surface area for water to touch and ditching surface area for fins.
AND IT LOOKS EXPENSIVE

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
4,799 Posts
Feser said it would only reenter the market when it had a product better than everyone else's so lets see if they truly did it.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55
View Post

im making a separate loop just for my gtx470 sli

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
looks VERY thick so i wont be able to do push-pull on top of my 800d
hope they make it in a 240 version! if not ill have to mod like crazy again

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205
View Post

do u guys think this rad will be able to cool my gtx470 sli
Thermochill PA120.2

yeah should be fine

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Why are going dual loop? You won't see a performance gain of anything over 1C and it will cost you money while crowding your case.
I'm not going to lie a second loop is a Lot of money, but I strive for best performance possible I have CPU and nb/sb block on the loop, so gpus are in a class of their own to me.

Plus having 2 loops will be awsome, one is already red with blue coils, the other will be blue Copland with red coils

a lot of my friends are watercooling maniacs, and we go from LAN party to lan party displaying our cases, so I guess at lot of it is for show purposess

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205
View Post

I'm not going to lie a second loop is a Lot of money, but I strive for best performance possible I have CPU and nb/sb block on the loop, so gpus are in a class of their own to me.

Plus having 2 loops will be awsome, one is already red with blue coils, the other will be blue Copland with red coils

a lot of my friends are watercooling maniacs, and we go from LAN party to lan party displaying our cases, so I guess at lot of it is for show purposess

dual loops are also easier to work with... you want to upgrade a rad? just drain 1 loop! lol im wrestling with going dual loop in my 800D but im not sure where i could put another res...

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by twich12
View Post

dual loops are also easier to work with... you want to upgrade a rad? just drain 1 loop! lol im wrestling with going dual loop in my 800D but im not sure where i could put another res...

A single loop with quick disconnects works just as well in that regard.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Quote:

A single loop with quick disconnects works just as well in that regard.
quick disconnects add restriction to the loop, you can also divide the rad/restrictive parts better... lets say you have a 5970, 5870, nb, sb, mosfets, and an i7 980x, you have 2 loops so chances are you don't want the heat dump from the 5970+980x going on to the 5870 (im talking highly overclocked) with 2 loops you have have a 980x+nb, sb, mosfets alone and then a 5970+5870 in another loop... can really help if rad space is at a premium. another reason is lets say you want to get the best temps on your 980x but dont care too much about your OC on your gpus. then 980x get its own loop and everything else gets the other loop.... this is all disregarding the coolness factor

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by twich12 View Post
quick disconnects add restriction to the loop, you can also divide the rad/restrictive parts better... lets say you have a 5970, 5870, nb, sb, mosfets, and an i7 980x, you have 2 loops so chances are you don't want the heat dump from the 5970+980x going on to the 5870 (im talking highly overclocked) with 2 loops you have have a 980x+nb, sb, mosfets alone and then a 5970+5870 in another loop... can really help if rad space is at a premium. another reason is lets say you want to get the best temps on your 980x but dont care too much about your OC on your gpus. then 980x get its own loop and everything else gets the other loop.... this is all disregarding the coolness factor
Both have been tested. In the real world quick disconnects are not as bad as you think. Go look at martin's test.

Again the 2 loops vs 1 loop has also been tested. Very negligible in temps.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Quote:
Both have been tested. In the real world quick disconnects are not as bad as you think. Go look at martin's test.
Martin test? Did you mean Skinnee's? You can see it here. I'm using Koolance VL3N QD's and they're fantastic.

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
4,799 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliehorse55
View Post

Why are going dual loop? You won't see a performance gain of anything over 1C and it will cost you money while crowding your case.

dual loops are not always a bad idea. I run dual loops, but the 2nd loop has nothing in it except a res, rads, pump, and heat exchanger. It allows me to hook my rig up to a much stronger cooling station when at home, changing my delta t from ~7 to ~3 for the whole loop.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fat_italian_stallion View Post
dual loops are not always a bad idea. I run dual loops, but the 2nd loop has nothing in it except a res, rads, pump, and heat exchanger. It allows me to hook my rig up to a much stronger cooling station when at home, changing my delta t from ~7 to ~3 for the whole loop.
That's a perfect example of how a dual loop can help you out a lot. I just hate it when I see people spending money on a dual loop for their i7 and SLI 470s, I mean spending that money on a second radiator would almost certainly decrease temperatures by more.

Let me guess: You added quick disconnects to your second loop as well?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts