Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) The top 200 people here have a 1/2 million or more! I just think thats cool.

2.) It appears that Kakao stats update faster then eoc stats, why do most of the pro's prefer eoc for their regular checks, habbit, preference?

3.) Folding for ocn rocks.

4.) I've been out of town for 2 weeks now, and my little farm keeps on trucking....can't wait to get back and add 2 more gpu's.

5.) How can we convince other members here to fold on their rigs? Its getting to the point that the first thing I check when someone asks a question, or looks for help, I look to see if their folding. Is that wrong?

6.) Keep up the good work team!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DUNC4N
View Post

1.) 5.) How can we convince other members here to fold on their rigs?

With a new rig I can try as I leave my computer on 24/7 anyway. But the work units will be new (and hate starting all the w-a-y back from the beginning with no ability to "catch up"). Used to fold for another site, and felt like I was getting somewhere, but if its folks (not institutions like college CS labs) pulling over 1,000,000 units....ahhhhhhh!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
Kakao updates a little sooner, but most like the layout and info of EOC

·
Premium Member
11,541 Posts
Kakao Stats takes forever to load for me. I used to use it, but not I just use EOC, mainly because it is exactly every 3 hours.

I want OCN to be folding so well that you need 25k ppd to get in the top 20 producers. [H] is at like 30k for their top 20.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I don't fold because the electricity is too expensive.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Quote:

View Post

5.) How can we convince other members here to fold on their rigs? Its getting to the point that the first thing I check when someone asks a question, or looks for help, I look to see if their folding. Is that wrong?

Pay their electricity bill.

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonorously
View Post

Pay their electricity bill.

It is a question of priorities and beliefs. If someone actually believes folding can help cure diseases like cancer and huntington's, then they get to choose between their electric bill increase and the chance they may help save lives. If they don't believe folding will help find a cure then there is little motivation whatsoever other than the competition between folding teams/users.

Oh, and I folded 20 days last month, 24/7, with my sig rig, it cost me $7. I also went to Burger King last month and got a Double Whooper meal, that cost me $7.80.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Quote:

2.) It appears that Kakao stats update faster then eoc stats, why do most of the pro's prefer eoc for their regular checks, habbit, preference?

Well there's also the handy dandy Eoc Vista sidebar gadget- 1 click to your stats!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

Oh, and I folded 20 days last month, 24/7, with my sig rig, it cost me $7. I also went to Burger King last month and got a Double Whooper meal, that cost me $7.80.

Good comparison, I didn't really realize how little it costs until you said that. I knew the numbers, but to see it compared like that.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys rock, thanks for the replies.

As far as energy bill, I understand. I mean If you can't afford to run 24/7 fine, but there has to be a happy medium.? So, thanks for what you can do!

I believe there is a big difference between people that would like to fold, but can't afford it because of electricity, and those that don't because they either don't know, or don't care, which is where we can make a difference.

The fact of the matter is, if someone is posting trying to get their brand new watercooled gtx 295 working correctly with their spanking new I7 setup, and your telling me they can't afford the increase in power requirements, I find it hard to comprehend. Maybe I'm just hopefull for a stronger team.

Either way fold on! Thanks to those who can contribute!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2qwik2katch
View Post

man i recently started folding. ps3 folds 24 hours a day and my 2 rigs 9800gtx and one with a gtx285 and i7 fold when im working. wonder how my light bill will be. doesn't matter, i prob wont stop anyways.

Nice man, we all appreciate all who can contribute.

(Formatting an old ide drive takes a while...
)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

View Post

As far as energy bill, I understand. I mean If you can't afford to run 24/7 fine, but there has to be a happy medium.?

Building folding rigs with just onboard graphics. That'll cut the energy bill in half alone.

And for farms, just go diskless and run the thing on a floppy (also saves expense).

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
I folded for a while but my last notebook could not handle. But here on OCN I see a real commitment like I have never seen.

I am trying to figure out on my own.

You guys kick butt keep up I will join soon.

I may never be a million folder but that is not what matters?

My mom died of breast cancer so I do know the importance.

Today would of been her 67 birthday.

Any way guys great job!

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile
View Post

I folded for a while but my last notebook could not handle. But here on OCN I see a real commitment like I have never seen.

I am trying to figure out on my own.

You guys kick butt keep up I will join soon.

I may never be a million folder but that is not what matters?

My mom died of breast cancer so I do know the importance.

Today would of been her 67 birthday.

Any way guys great job!

Join us!

Sorry to hear about your mom, my wife's a breast cancer survivor. So hearing that always hits really close to home and points out how tough of a disease it truly is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts