Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, been going retro (if you could call it that) and playing my PS2, and one of my favorite games of all-time: FFX.
Then my girlfriend (thats right, girlfriend) let me borrow X-2 for a while.
I was sadly dissapointed at the game in general, despite praise from said girlfriend. It, quite literally, made me want to shoot myself.
How do you feel about the "first true sequel in Final Fantasy"?

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
I felt the same way, only I bought the game. I returned it for a store credit at EB games and selling games to Gamestop/EB Games is something I don't often do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed that someone might read this and ask "Why do you still have a PS2, n00b?" Answer: I'm poor =(

Quote:

I felt the same way, only I bought the game. I returned it for a store credit at EB games and selling games to Gamestop/EB Games is something I don't often do.

I would feel ripped-off if i bought the game

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I thought it was ok. Definitely nowhere near FFX that was pretty good.

I liked the class system but the game felt .... lackluster or something. *shrug*

It dind't have any kind of magic other than the new class system. Plus I hated the butch one (forget her name... Payne?) and after having Rikku in your party for over 100 hours between both games, I got sick of her also.

·
Long Time Lurker
920 Posts
FFX is in my favorite games of all time list, but FFX-2 goes under my least favorite. It was way too girly, the story was meh, and I missed the CTB system from FFX.

• Rep+
Reactions: Oceans

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who doesn't think FFX is good? X-2 ruined my memories of FFX, I also think FFX is the best Final Fantasy game by far. But that just might be me. ^_^

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandlermaki
View Post

FFX is in my favorite games of all time list, but FFX-2 goes under my least favorite. It was way too girly, the story was meh, and I missed the CTB system from FFX.

Well said!
BTW, nice t-shirt IRL

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandabrother
View Post

Who doesn't think FFX is good? X-2 ruined my memories of FFX, I also think FFX is the best Final Fantasy game by far. But that just might be me. ^_^

FFVII is like something sacred to me, probably because it was the first game my mom actually bought for me with my playstation. (we didn't have a lot of money, things like this were beyond a treat)

But FFX is a neck and neck performer in my heart.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
FFX was beautiful, engaging, and innovative; perhaps one of the best games of the series. FFX-2 was an unholy abomination that I could not force myself to play. It had some neat ideas like the costume system but they weren't executed very well. Not having a traditional Uematsu score didn't help either...

I keep it only because I am a fan of the series and want as complete of a collection as possible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FF 7 (hate Roman numerals) is definetly a great game, but i think the combination of story, battle, and the difference of technology in FFX makes it better. This might seem like a dumb question, but have they re-made FF 7?

Snipe

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I noticed that someone might read this and ask "Why do you still have a PS2, n00b?" Answer: I'm poor =(

I would feel ripped-off if i bought the game

NO! You should answer; because PS2 has more games than all other consoles have.

I bought a PS2 3 months ago.
I have yet played FFX-2 but if you liked FFV and hippies and Charlies Angles and any other teenage girlie thing you'd like FFX-2.
Get MGS3 Subsistance dammit!

Quote:

View Post

FF 7 (hate Roman numerals) is definetly a great game, but i think the combination of story, battle, and the difference of technology in FFX makes it better. This might seem like a dumb question, but have they re-made FF 7?

Nope, not yet at least.
But you should try Crisis Core out

FFVII, FFVII, FFVII, FFVII, FFVII, FFVII,

FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXI, FFXII, FFXIII.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Snipe

FFX is a roman numeral

and FF7 (look numbers!) wasn't great to me because of the battle/tech, it's because it pulled me into the story like nothing else ever had. I mean, I sat there with my mouth open agast when Sepheroth flew down from the ceiling and did the unthinkable to Aerith. I think I almost could have cried I was into the story so much and was up so late when it happened. No other game has ever played with my emotions or made me want more the same way it did.

But FFX was pretty close

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
X-2 was horrible, not worth playing IMHO. Perhaps the worst part was how you had to complete it by 100% in order to unlock the "good" ending. I liked FFX, one of the few Japanese games that I actually enjoyed. Haven't touched anything FF-related since FFX, to be honest, so I'm not the most objective person on this debate.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Snipe

No although they really should.

Like the person above. FFVII has immense sentimental value to me and I would happily throw down the cash to own a remake. Many of the older FF's were touched up on their way to portable consoles. Give us a PS3-worthy FFVII!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pao
View Post

FFX is a roman numeral

I noticed after i posted ^_^'
I dont like typing out FFVII, id much rather type FFX than FFVII. Even though i did twice.

·
Long Time Lurker
920 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pao
View Post

I played X-2 for like an hour back when it came out and never touched it again. I don't even know what direction the story goes, and I REALLYREALLYREALLY like FFX.

FFVII was merely "OK" in my book. Maybe I just don't get what everyone loves so much about it.

This is how the FF series ranks in my mind:

X > VIII > IX > XIII > VII

Those are the only ones I can recall playing. I've played III (or VI rather), but it was a LONG time ago.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I noticed after i posted ^_^'
I dont like typing out FFVII, id much rather type FFX than FFVII. Even though i did twice.

Just giving you a hard time

Edit to ^:

Yep, that's the great thing about FF, each game hits everyone so differently, and pulls different people in in different ways. You have 8 as your no. 2, I bought 8 the day it came out, have played it up to the very end, pretty much last fights of the game, 3 separate times now and generally turn it off out of un-interest and never finish. I just don't think it's a very good game even though I like the way it starts out.

In the end, we all love some portion of the FF universe, and that's pretty cool in my book.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts