Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
If there was a PC version , Tabata would like the PC version to be a different kind of project : he would like to use the PC version as a tech showcase and put in every tech feature they can ...
BUT , if they jump into that kind of project they will have to rebuild the game (to start from scratch ?) and redo some (a lot ) of R&D to see what new tech they can use ( so it won't be a port ) .

So yeah , FF XV won't have a PC port but they want to make a real PC version (which means rebuilding the game by his own words )

With a PC version, they would be able to integrate features that they had to abandon due to the technical limitations of consoles
Source

Not sure how to feel about this as the extra amount of cash required could lead to there not being a PC version.

Anyone have any idea on the sales numbers for FF on PC?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Pretty much confirms there will be a PC version but only after consoles. Guessing a year from now.

Also sounds like they want to do it right by making an actual PC version with increased assets as opposed to just arbitrary resolution support + 60 fps. I'm all for it. I'm likely going to get it on PS4 and rebuy it on PC just like I did with FF13.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Saved View Post

Source

Not sure how to feel about this as the extra amount of cash required could lead to there not being a PC version.

Anyone have any idea on the sales numbers for FF on PC?
Well the thing is with sales numbers that we have not ever had a PC launch at the same time as console.
Hell, it took how many years for them to start making PC ports how long?

I am however curious how the ratio is of FFXIV between ps3/ps4/PC.

·
waiting for Driver update
5,976 Posts
FF14 got at least 5 million current subscribers which seems better than selling 5 million copies i guess

i bet it's better than Diablo3 monthly subs

·
Registered
591 Posts
It will come on PC. The question is when. My guess is it will come in 2018. If it's not a simple port then it needs some months of work. They also want to ensure they will get the maximum sales from the consoles before they move on PC. It makes me sad but at least I can hope for a better version for PC and not just a simple port. They keep talking about PC in many interviews. They never excluded PC which means it will definitely come to PC.

·
waiting for Driver update
5,976 Posts
i think every game published by SE from 2009 to 2016 is on PC except those 2d rpgs on 3DS

FFX-X2 should be out this year if the leaks are legit

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
I mean the idea sounds cool. But I'd be happy with a version that could run at 60fps and have options to turn of Depth of Field and Motion Blur. That would be worth 60$ for me.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese View Post

Pretty much confirms there will be a PC version but only after consoles. Guessing a year from now.

Also sounds like they want to do it right by making an actual PC version with increased assets as opposed to just arbitrary resolution support + 60 fps. I'm all for it. I'm likely going to get it on PS4 and rebuy it on PC just like I did with FF13.
Lol. Have we ever seen this happen on PC? I honestly can't remember a time that a game was brought to PC without being anything more than a pretty port after an original console release.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts