Overclock.net banner

fiber out

399 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  jackeyjoe
i need a sound card that does fiber out so i can hook it up to my hometheater system. i would use the hdmi on mb but my tv doesn't send dts 5.1 to the ht system(sucks) so now i need a sound card that has fibe out. and cheap please like no more than 50-75 bucks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Is this for your signature rig?

I ask because your XFX 790i Ultra Sli MoBo does have the SPDIF out required to send your 5.1 directly to your HT
no its not its for my htpc and it has nothing but line out and mic in
Some motherboards has SPDIF out headers on the motherboard itself. Take a look in the manual and see if it has it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX
View Post

Some motherboards has SPDIF out headers on the motherboard itself. Take a look in the manual and see if it has it.

I've noticed that most new ones do have them, it would be just your luck if it didn't have one. Just have a look around on newegg if you are really desperate, there should be some cheap ones on there.

EDIT I'm not into soundcards much so i don't know my brands that well but this one looks nice
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.