Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
64,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So I am wanting to give back to the Folding community in some way, especially with the efforts towards finding a vaccine/use-able data for Covid-19. I am hosting a giveaway on another site that I run, up front, it is not team OCN. That being said I think it would be great for you guys to get involved and get in with a chance to win something. If you are interested you can visit: https://extremehw.net/forum/main-fo...olding-home-starts-midnight-08-04-20#post5029

I was unable to arrange this for OCN specifically, so I chose to do it elsewhere to give folders a chance at some goodies.

Stay safe !

All the best,
E

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,521 Posts
why do all the folding competitions start when it's ungodly hot out and I have no interest in folding? :(

I'll join in when it's cool again outside and I can offset my heating bill with folding power :laughings

What kind of shenanigans is this? You want us to go fold for another team? True sign admins have given up on OCN.

the "other team" is OCN members, lol. look at the usernames.

·
Administrator
64,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why do all the folding competitions start when it's ungodly hot out and I have no interest in folding? /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif

I'll join in when it's cool again outside and I can offset my heating bill with folding power /forum/images/smilies/laughingsmiley.gif

What kind of shenanigans is this? You want us to go fold for another team? True sign admins have given up on OCN.

the "other team" is OCN members, lol. look at the usernames.
Yeah that always seems to be the way right. We should all fold during winter and use our rigs as the only heat source...two birds one stone haha

·
Rig Advisor
2,232 Posts
Happy to give back to the folders, been a while since I could.
Speaking about giving back to the folder, could I pweeeease with a cherry on top have my milestones badges :)

·
Administrator
64,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speaking about giving back to the folder, could I pweeeease with a cherry on top have my milestones badges :)
I am awaiting a revised sheet of badges to assign before I assign them. Should not be long now :) I assign them in batches as opposed to singularly :)

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Never heard of that forum but happy to have something new to read. OCN is so dead.

·
Overclocker in training
13,505 Posts
Hi,
Take another week to get my mora 360 up and running with soft hosing let downs on shipping
Not sure what a titan Xp can do on this stuff or 9940x.

Oops yeah summer wow that would be whack hot.

·
Administrator
64,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,
Take another week to get my mora 360 up and running with soft hosing let downs on shipping
Not sure what a titan Xp can do on this stuff or 9940x.

Oops yeah summer wow that would be whack hot.
Shipping delays, don't you just hate that. As for the Titan XP, I would reckon that would still pack a decent punch in folding. Trying to see if I can pull up some recent numbers. The 9940x is a 14 core with a decent boost clock, so assuming temps were under control that will still be very viable for folding. My 16 core 3950x puts down about 476598 PPD. My 2080Ti puts down about 3068873 PPD. These are the estimates that the [email protected] Client gives me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts