Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!, im a happy owner of a r9 fury and im considering upgrading my monitor to a HDR panel, but in my search i found out that in order to be able to game in hdr first the card must be compatible with the technology. So i started to google search for the answer but i didn’t found anything conclusive, in one news article i saw some info about the commitment of amd to hdr but nothing specific about my card, in other posts people ask but they didn’t reply back to confirm if it worked or not. So my question is would i be able to game in HDR with the R9 Fury? Has anyone tried HDR content in Fiji cards?

The card

One of the articles i've found

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,366 Posts
It will work with HDR content. However it only has hdmi 1.4. So you might want to get an HDR monitor that uses Displayport. Because hdmi 1.4 will limit your choices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will work with HDR content. However it only has hdmi 1.4. So you might want to get an HDR monitor that uses Displayport. Because hdmi 1.4 will limit your choices.
Thanks, so if i use display port would i be able to use HDR in all instances?

·
Tank destroyer and a god
2,735 Posts
I still own R9 FuryX.

1. It does support HEVC codec, but not HEVC Main10 which does support HDR10 color decoding.
2. It has DisplayPort v1.2a.

That means it support FreeSync, and yes HDR. The question is whether the display has HDR support as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts