Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over at my aunt's and being bored I decided to play me some Solitaire on her computer. When I tried to run it I got this weird error saying that I had to go into the Folder Options to create a file association for that type. This happens to all of the .exe files and programs I try to use. For some weird reason the only program that works is AOL (dial-up). I tried to fix it on my own and made it worse. Now every time I open up a folder instead of opening the folder it now opens up the search thing. All I could think of doing then is a System Restore and I went all the way back to August, but that still didn't work. My last resort is to do a fresh re-install of Windows, but if theres a way to fix it, I'd appreciate it much. I don't know the specs of her PC, all I know is that she has a Compaq Presario, 256 mb of Ram, and like 60 Gigs. If more info is needed I can go over to her place. Its basically a stock pc nothing special.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
You can try just repairing windows. It sounds like the OS has been corrupted (properly by AOL).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts