Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently spent nearly 2 hrs on tech support who claim tht my router does not support file sharing. my friends dad who works with servers n wht not at a hospital says tht the tech support r trying 2 manipulate me n get me 2 buy a new product. i have a linksys befw11s4. its a wireless b router only, i think that recently they changed it 2 a wireless b access point or something like tht so they dont make it anymore. is it tru tht i cant hav file/printer sharing????

additionally, i am unable 2 access secure pages such as the itunes music store, or signing in 2 ebay. i spent an additional 2 hrs on the phone with "level 2" linksys tech support. they said tht i could hav it replaced by going online n filling stuff out. on prob- i hav 2 access a secure page 2 do tht. now if im not mistaken it sounds like the tech support ppl r ovr there in their little group having the time of their lives screwing me

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Guys an absolute idiot. Router doesnt havea nything to do with file sharing. Windows conducts all the filesharing, its all software. As far as not being able to get to secure websites... try to use another computer on the same router if you can and see if your able to access secure servers. if so, then somethings wrong with the computer your on; something got corrupted or possibly a virus or something..

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no no i am not an idiot- file sharing is conducted over the router, and if the communication fails throgth the router then doesnt that have something to do with the router?????? the software is on the pc, and when u set it up it configures the file sharing throught the routers way of communication- PPPoE, DHCP, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You need to open the port to do this most linksys routers have a check box that tell you its opening windows file sharing. Also need to open it on any Firewall software on your system...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts