Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a quick one, will I be able to use the in port from this pump as a fill/drain port? I'm using the top of the res as the return and there's only 1 port.
I'm thinking I'll just use a long hose to fill, and I'd probably have to fully invert the whole PC to drain air, but with this setup I can't see another way. Both rads only have 2 ports.
So yea, just double checking I'm not going screw anything up before I fill it

Attachments

·
WaterCooler
5,233 Posts
Sure, you could, but like you said, will need to tip the case on its back, and then maybe even some more to make sure coolant flows into the pump/res properly given your 90s on the drain port.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes you can use that valve setup as filling port but you ll have to make sure its the highest spot on the system.You can even do that by attaching a tube to it with a funnel that will extent higher that everything else.Dont worry about trapped air since you will push it out and into the reservoir during usage but if you dont have another port open for the air in the system to escape out you wont be able to replace said air with liquid.
I strongly recommend to buy a reservoir top with more ports as it will make everything easier for you.
Drain is always tricky.Drain needs one exit and one input for air open,you will have a problem if you dont have the latter.The best way is to use a device that pumps air,connect it to a port and let it push away all the leftover liquid.
In short buy another res top with at least two ports.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Also every bend that you apply to the system will increase the resistance and therefore reduce the flow of the system.In practice you will have to turn your pump higher to compensate for that and a higher rpm in the pump induces friction thus more heat in the liquid it self.
If i were you i would get rid of all those adapters in the gpu and cpu outlet and try to get them with as less sharp bents as possible.
That's if you want a silent optimal functioning system.If you care about looks more you ve done it perfectly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It looks beautiful.Draining that system is gonna be hard.Detaching that vertical pipe and pushing air through it will do the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts