Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
There isn't a problem with that. The only issue with having all your DIMMS populated, is that it makes it harder to overclock, and some boards might underclock your memory a little bit.
Seeing how your at 1410Mhz, I would say your perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
the C2 phenoms had trouble OCing with 4 ram slots full but the C3 fixed that, I've not seen anything on it causing problems with the i3's

I also once saw a thread about using 4 dimms causing problems while gaming but that was over a year ago and never saw anything come of it.

What were his reasons why that was stupid? (Other than What are you doing to need 12gb of ram)...epeen?
thumb.gif

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Tell your friend he is stupid
smile.gif

Having all dimm slots filled didn't affect anything in my system when overclocked on my old X58 build...6 dimms filled.

It is said to "limit" overclock ability, but I never experienced that, maybe only in extreme overclocks under LN2 or such...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim888 View Post

the C2 phenoms had trouble OCing with 4 ram slots full but the C3 fixed that, I've not seen anything on it causing problems with the i3's

I also once saw a thread about using 4 dimms causing problems while gaming but that was over a year ago and never saw anything come of it.

What were his reasons why that was stupid? (Other than What are you doing to need 12gb of ram)...epeen?
thumb.gif
He didn't say y I was stupid :shrug: just I was stupid

Playing skyrim and having 3 web browsers open at the same time doing web design for my dads church
smile.gif
since I moderate their website so seems like a good reason to have 12 gb of ram when u have 12 tabs open in each browser. I need a 2600k
wink.gif

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

Tell your friend he is stupid
smile.gif

Having all dimm slots filled didn't affect anything in my system when overclocked on my old X58 build...6 dimms filled.

It is said to "limit" overclock ability, but I never experienced that, maybe only in extreme overclocks under LN2 or such...
Eh I almost have 200mhz oc out of a
Locked multiplier sandy bridge i3 I'll keep my 12gb

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

There isn't a problem with that. The only issue with having all your DIMMS populated, is that it makes it harder to overclock, and some boards might underclock your memory a little bit.
Seeing how your at 1410Mhz, I would say your perfectly fine.
That's what I thought since it list it as 705 but it's in dual Chanel mode so itS really 1410 right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts