Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although my pump is not here yet, and my resivoir is not completed. I am anticipating a few problems. How do I get all of the air out of my system. Would just filling my resivoir up will coolant, and then running it through the loop do the job, or do I need to do anything else?

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

Although my pump is not here yet, and my resivoir is not completed. I am anticipating a few problems. How do I get all of the air out of my system. Would just filling my resivoir up will coolant, and then running it through the loop do the job, or do I need to do anything else?

You need to connect all the hoses and blocks, etc.
Then you get the reservoir as the highest part of the loop, just for the time being. Start filling the system, shaking the blocks, pump, and especially the heatercore to get out all the air. Once there is a sufficient amount of water in the system, turn on the pump. It will sound bad, but that is just the pump churning bubbles. Let it run for a while, topping off the res every now and then. Shake the heatercore every now and then. After that, it should be full. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
once it is all hooked up make sure res is at the highest point of the system and start filling. Gravity will do most of it. If your rad is movable shift it around a few times to be sure there are no air pockets left. When the pump stops gurgling then all the air is out. Top off your res and let it run a while to test for leaks.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, my heatercore is inside of wooden frame that I build. This frame also holds the pump and the res. I guess I will have to do a little tweaking while I am filling it up. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Make sure you shake the heatercore around, mine released 10 massive air bubbles total when I shook it between power cycling the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts