Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm 3 days away from ordering the final parts.

The last two parts I'm looking at are the Asus P6T Deluxe and the Noctua NH-U12P SE2. Which will bring the system together with the specs listed in my signature.

If anyone knows of any issues that I would need to avoid, PLEASE let me know before friday. I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongmanSal
View Post

why did u settle on the Noctua?

From all the benchmarks I could find, it was either on top, or close to the top of the charts (for air cooling). The only coolers that beat it were much louder... something I can't afford to have for my studio rig.

Of course, this is based on my own personal research, and I could have definitely missed something (there's not a benchmark comparing every cooler against each other). For some, I tried to compare benchmarks of one to another to get an idea where it should be placed.

Also, I inadvertently recreated part of the Sweetwater Creation Station XT rig without knowing it. They use the Asus P6T Deluxe and Noctua cooler for their recording systems. The main differences being that my video card is beefier, and I use WD drives (which are unfortunately louder). So, that has a lot to do with my confidence. But, again, I could be wrong... hence the thread, lol.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I did well, since no one seems to be disagreeing with the choices. That, or my thread is uninteresting, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts