Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything i should know about the 4400+? the guy at the store (whom im getting to know pretty well) says its pretty good to oc and can easily reach stock 4800+. are there any downfalls to this processor? i know the single cores are faster but im set on Dualcore, i dont do much gaming . . . more ripping/encoding multitask, etc. Thanx for all your help.

. . . my bad. . firefox's tabs got me all confused, can a mod plz move me to AMD CPU? thanx you.

(BTW is there anyway to delete a post if noone has relpied? . . . you can in some other v bullitin forums.)

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
It's a very good X2 and has 2x 1024 cache!

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
I made my choice between these two processors and went with the Opteron. I tested both as well before making the decision so this is a personal informed decision.

I found that the Opteron was stabler with less voltage than the X2. I like to have the voltages on any overclocked part as close to default as I can so I went with the Opteron for this reason.

The overclocks were much the same. I did not notice any discrepancy such as 200MHz o/c difference.

R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts