Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys, last couple questions:

1) coolant = distilled water + zerex anti-freeze/corrosive?

2) how tight should you tighten the spring loaded screws for the waterblock mount? how tite do you tighten the block????

3) dye - non-uv that is, where can i get it

4) is 1/2ID tubing too big? i hope not....

·
Registered
120 Posts
1) yes, you can use zerex or water wetter

2) check the block's installation guide. If from DD or Swiftech, it's quie detailed

3) dunno. why do you need non uv dye?

4) 1/2" ID is fine, I have it and runs well. just measure twice, cut once. they don't have much slack so length is critical for good fit and routing

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatewaki
1) yes, you can use zerex or water wetter

2) check the block's installation guide. If from DD or Swiftech, it's quie detailed

3) dunno. why do you need non uv dye?

4) 1/2" ID is fine, I have it and runs well. just measure twice, cut once. they don't have much slack so length is critical for good fit and routing
block - is the DD TDX

forget that non-uv dye comment, i am getting green uv dye - was wondering, are all cold cathode lights uv also? or does it have to be UV cold cathode?

and finally, what do you use to cut the tubes

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I recommend not tightening the block oo much with all watercoolers because i have the Thermaltake Bigwater and i tightened it a bit much so i noticed that the mobo was slightly warped so i gave it some slack.

BTW, dont get 1 UV neon if you want a spectacular show, i have 4 (but 2 is enough) and it looks awesome even in the day, i only got 4 cause the shark case is huge so 2 didnt even light the whole case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.