Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well finally fixed my issue with the sudden high temps that i was getting reseated my water block and apllied thermal paste "properly". Now getting mid 30s as idle and mid 60s on load 3.75ghz 1.51vcore.

been checking out ocn for the past few weeks and it got me thinking about i7s and p6ts and Gigabyte X58 blah blah blah, well i was thinking should I change my setup or not? First of all im definetly getting rid of this thermalcrap kit I have and building a custom loop, before i do any hardware upgrades. I was thinking

- Swiftech apogee GTZ cpu block,
- Swiftech MCP655 pump
- Swiftech MCR320-QP Triple 120mm Radiator with push and pull fans.

1ST QUESTION - Researched and found that those components are highly rated and quite expensive but how good are they "REALLY"? How will it make a difference temp wise and overclocking wise with my Q6600?

2ND QUESTION - Im really really interested in the Q9550 E0 , with the above water loop and my current sig how much of an overclock can i expect and what kind of temps can i expect without changing anything in my sig except for my CPU?

FULL ANSWERS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

·
Banned
7,990 Posts
1) I can say those are quite good components. I however have a custom built waterblock made for me by a member here. Frstfrddy I think his name is.

2) Overclocking is NEVER certain, no matter what. However there's a good chance you could get a nice OC with that setup!

Oh and your temps are a little high for that Q6600....

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD+nVidia View Post
1) I can say those are quite good components. I however have a custom built waterblock made for me by a member here. Frstfrddy I think his name is.

2) Overclocking is NEVER certain, no matter what. However there's a good chance you could get a nice OC with that setup!

those are the components im gona get, I no my temps are high for water cooling compared to high end water cooling, this piece of crap thermaltake is **** almost the same as using standard air cooling, a lapped TRUE will certainly eat this thermalcrap. Anyways as im gona make the custom loop very soon I kinda figured that the Q9550 is a great CPU and has a lot of oc capability as with the Q9650 and QX6950 only better (Too expensive for me now).

What would be the estimated temps with that water loop idle and load - ??
And you think I can get the q9550 past 4ghz? 4.2? even 4.4ghz? I dont maybe im just going mad!!!!

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
well finally fixed my issue with the sudden high temps that i was getting reseated my water block and apllied thermal paste "properly". Now getting mid 30s as idle and mid 60s on load 3.75ghz 1.51vcore.

been checking out ocn for the past few weeks and it got me thinking about i7s and p6ts and Gigabyte X58 blah blah blah, well i was thinking should I change my setup or not? First of all im definetly getting rid of this thermalcrap kit I have and building a custom loop, before i do any hardware upgrades. I was thinking

- Swiftech MCP655 pump

1ST QUESTION - Researched and found that those components are highly rated and quite expensive but how good are they "REALLY"? How will it make a difference temp wise and overclocking wise with my Q6600?

2ND QUESTION - Im really really interested in the Q9550 E0 , with the above water loop and my current sig how much of an overclock can i expect and what kind of temps can i expect without changing anything in my sig except for my CPU?

FULL ANSWERS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

1. Cannot be answered because I do not know what you currently are using and what kind fans you are putting on the radiator.

2. Overclocking differs between each computer. With a good loop however, temperature is not really much of a limiter in overclocking anymore.

3. Read my FAQ and Config Guide

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
1. Cannot be answered because I do not know what you currently are using and what kind fans you are putting on the radiator.

2. Overclocking differs between each computer. With a good loop however, temperature is not really much of a limiter in overclocking anymore.

3. Read my FAQ and Config Guide
gona be getting this -
- Swiftech MCP655 pump
- 6 noctua NF-p12s for push and pull.
any suggestions on the best type ready made coolant and tubing (size and name)

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
1. What do you have now?

2. Best premade coolant = Feser 1. Just don't get the yellow one, orange one, and the one that changes to orange.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post
by the way can i use some of my thermaltake kit? (dont really want to but would be a shame if I have to bin it? when I get all my swiftech components,fans, coolant and tubing I can add a second pump to that can't I for better performance?
No... *rolls up my newspaper and wails on you* No! Bad dog! Sell it on Ebay to some rich chump for $100 profit. If you have a Big Water, you are gonna see temp improvements of up to 15C.

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob
View Post

No... *rolls up my newspaper and wails on you* No! Bad dog! Sell it on Ebay to some rich chump for $100 profit. If you have a Big Water, you are gonna see temp improvements of up to 15C.

at the moment i'v got thermaltake bigwater 735 with single radiator my temps with this is ****, but im going to order the swiftech components very soon with some new tubing and coolant. with the thermaltake bigwater 735 i'v got fesser tube and fesser liquid already so that means i can continue to use the same brand of coolant what about the tube should it stay fesser?

I wana do some extreme overclocking when I get my new cpu Q9550 or maybe Q9650.

By the way when i setup the swiftech i meant cant i even use the thermaltake pump with the swiftech loop?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD+nVidia
View Post

those temps are normal for a q6600 @ 3.75 especially with 1.51 vcore

1 - 13 of 13 Posts