Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got HFM.Net installed, not sure how to set up the client that I am running remotely on a Linux system...

Also my PPD seam low, I did just get it installed, will they get better after a few WU's? CPU is getting 2000 PPD and GPU is getting 2600 PPD.

Also how do you tell what type of WU's your getting? I hear talk about a2's, a3's and such.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus2727
View Post

It just says GRO-SMP

Project - P3065(R3, C484, G19)

That's a 2144; not an a3 WU. But if you're running on Linux, I think you can only get a2s (a2s are Linux only anyway, but I'm not sure if a3s are Windows only).

Are the -smp & -advmethods flags both on?

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

That's a 2144; not an a3 WU. But if you're running on Linux, I think you can only get a2s (a2s are Linux only anyway, but I'm not sure if a3s are Windows only).

Are the -smp & -advmethods flags both on?

A1 = Windows, Linux
A2 = Linux
A3 = Windows, Linux

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Which VMware (or is it the SMP client)?

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I am running both on windows 7 right now, i have a 3rd client running on Linux but cant figure out how to get HFM to see it since I am remote logged into it.

Web Server? (Apache)
FTP Server? (Filezilla? There is probably another one bundled by default)
Windows File Server? (Samba)
VMWare setup their own webserver (goto "hostname")

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the remote is through x-win32 using a ssh client to login. using the Linux SMP client...

for the -advmethods should it be a flag or should I select it under the advance methods?
"Set -advmethods flag always, requesting new advanced..... (no/yes) [no]? I have changed it to yes... should that help?

I have -smp and -verbosity 9 as other flags.

Edit:
Screen Shot

the White window is the remote client and the black window is the one I am running on my machine.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Quote:

View Post

the remote is through x-win32 using a ssh client to login.

for the -advmethods should it be a flag or should I select it under the advance methods?
"Set -advmethods flag always, requesting new advanced..... (no/yes) [no]? I have changed it to yes... should that help?

I have -smp and -verbosity 9 as other flags.

either is fine. If you changed it to yes, don't forget to restart your client.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
No, you just have to close the client. If you add -configonly, it won't fold when the client's on, or you can just edit the client.cfg file.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts