Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186163

It was a hard little bugga to get my hands on but I waited until 12A.M. Friday morning when my direct deposit came it and bought it as soon as I could. Now its sold out again xD That is one hot selling board! It was deactivated on Newegg the longest time and just earlier this week it came back but was sold out, then on Wednesday or Thursday or so it was back on sale.

I should be expecting it next Wednesday! (3/11/09) Then all I need for my Corei7 build is the 920 and the Dominator RAM and I'm going to start building! Can't wait to drool over the board for a few weeks

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ubernewhacks
View Post

A good Foxconn? Damn I have been out of the game for too long. I left before Phenom II

it's an x58 board

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I can't wait to get the rest of my parts and see how this baby runs
This will be my first time going over to Intel and I know I'm not going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wally
View Post

Man I can't wait to get the rest of my parts and see how this baby runs
This will be my first time going over to Intel and I know I'm not going to be disappointed.

HAHA nice I picked up a BR this week too (I paid a little less though)! I'm moving from a x2 6000+ to an i7 and am equally excited to get my parts in and my build started!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameisTaken View Post
HAHA nice I picked up a BR this week too (I paid a little less though)! I'm moving from a x2 6000+ to an i7 and am equally excited to get my parts in and my build started!

Good Luck!
! I take it you saw from my sig that I'm coming from a x2 5200+

All I have left is CPU and RAM, what else do you have left?

·
Banned
8,570 Posts
You'll love it! Mine finally recovered after some bent pins! A buddy of mine popped them back in to place for the ones that I Could not see! (bad eye sight!)

Here's a teaser for you! =o) Just reinstalled it tonight and did not feel like prepping the board for phase!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn thats hot
Im getting Corsair Dominator RAM, and a 4870x2 as well
Maybe 2 in crossfire down the road. Man I can't wait

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amitashr View Post
Only 3 DIMM slots?? ***
Yes, it is triple channel, put 3 x 2GB sticks in there for 6GB total or 3 x 4GB sticks for 12GB.I think that will be plenty for a while.

Nice board, congrats.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by quakermaas View Post
Yes, it is triple channel, put 3 x 2GB sticks in there for 6GB total or 3 x 4GB sticks for 12GB.I think that will be plenty for a while.
Exactly, 6GBs is enough for just about everyone, and when memory providers start to release 4GB sticks then If I wanted to I could get 12GBs of ram (3 x 4GBs sticks). The whole idea behind their 3 DIMM madness is voltages can be regulated better on 3 DIMMs rather than split up between 6, less interference between traces, and the more dedication to just the 3 DIMMs = huge memory overclocking on this board. I should be able to push the Corsair Dominator RAM I'm getting to from 1600mhz to 2000mhz easy. (And probably keep pushing further)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitashr View Post
Only 3 DIMM slots?? ***
I wasn't actually going to get the board right off the bat because of that but after a while of looking at the board it hit me like a tone of bricks, "How would I utilize 12GBs of ram?". 12GBs of ram is mostly a bragging right, but if you do things that use 12GBs, then by all means, get a board with 6 DIMMs.

By the way, your statement of "Only 3 DIMM slots??" seems funny coming from a person who only has 6GBs of RAM himself xD (If I'm reading your system specs in your sig right)

Quote:

Originally Posted by quakermaas View Post
Nice board, congrats.
Thanks
!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts